Maestro: The Rivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro: The Rivals

The Rivals page on Keith's wonderful site has been updated with an interesting article: http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?lm10rivalsf.htm

Definitely worth a read

Competition......

The Maestro has no rivals, just chasers
    My name is Darren.
    Home of a Maestro for 30 years.
    1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
    1995 Rover 214SI
    2004 MG ZS 120
    2006 LandRover 90 TD5
    2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.

Comment

:laugh:

Comment

The Rivals

Well I wouldn't have any of those - with the possible exception of the Fiat Tipo which had:

Wide, roomy but compact shape
        Digital dash in some models
        Very fast high performance derivatives

Comment

I had a Tempra once (the Tipo saloon) handled pretty well for a four door family saloon.

Another underrated car. fiat got paranoid about their reputation for rusting so galvanised the body, making them survive pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnumForce
            I had a Tempra once (the Tipo saloon) handled pretty well for a four door family saloon.

Another underrated car. fiat got paranoid about their reputation for rusting so galvanised the body, making them survive pretty well.
            Fiat Tempra. Yet another car that vanished overnight. Where are they now?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover
              Fiat Tempra. Yet another car that vanished overnight. Where are they now?
              hiding from Staples-2-Naples enthusiasts
              My name is Darren.
              1995 Rover 214SI
              2004 MG ZS 120
              2006 LandRover 90 TD5

Comment

Originally posted by Miracle maestro
                The Maestro has no rivals, just chasers
                'Ere I'm not 'aving that.

What about the Montego then. You try getting 3m lengths of timber into a Maestro.:laugh:

Steve H

Comment

I did...through the sunroof. Lovely jubbly!
                  M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                  Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve H
                    'Ere I'm not 'aving that.

What about the Montego then. You try getting 3m lengths of timber into a Maestro.:laugh:

Steve H
                    Er...you try getting an assembled kitchen unit in a montego.......
                    My name is Darren.
                    1995 Rover 214SI
                    2004 MG ZS 120
                    2006 LandRover 90 TD5

Comment

Originally posted by Miracle maestro
                      Er...you try getting an assembled kitchen unit in a montego.......
                      The man has a good point You can't get a full interior or a tailgate in a Montego - but what it lacks in practicality it makes up for in general space and superior ride

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM
                        The man has a good point You can't get a full interior or a tailgate in a Montego - but what it lacks in practicality it makes up for in general space and superior ride
                        Wanna bet?

The Montego Saloon is surprisingly practical. The only advantage I can see in having an Estate is that it will 'take' bulkier stuff... but the Estate's bootspace up to the windows seems less deep than the boot depth in a Saloon (this could be an illusion though).

The Maestro won't take as much 'bulk' as an Estate, and a Saloon will carry anything I would ever want .

Montego Saloon for me, any day .
                        Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                        "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                        "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                        "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Working...
                        X