Ledbury Maestro: Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ledbury Maestro: Part 2

Today, the following car happened to appear outside my house. It is a 1998 Rover (Ledbury) Maestro 1.3L+ in Midnight Blue.
    It was rather dirty to begin with, but after a good wash, I found that there was a very nice car underneath the grime.
    The car is in very good shape. It has no dents or rust, with only a few slight sratches here and there.
    The interior is farily good, the lack of enthusiasm by the chaps who built it certainly shows in this part of the car, but overall, it is not too bad.
    It has done 16,734 miles. It would have read in KM at some point, but it has been converted.
    It has a "face-off" Blaupunkt radio/cassette, which is quite a nice addition to the car. (pics of these will follow)
    So, after spending the whole morning cleaning up the exterior, the same must be done tomorrow to the interior.

The following images were taken BEFORE the car was washed, more pics of it in it's current state will follow soon. (Was too dark to take pics of it finished)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D87SMW; 8th February 2004, 00:15.
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Attached Files
    Steve Worsley

Comment

Attached Files
      Steve Worsley

Comment

Very nice Steve, i would say welcome to the world of rust-free Maestro ownership, but with already owning F170 GGT....

They're very nice cars to drive and it should last you well. Hope your dad has many happy miles driving it. More incentive to get yourself behind the wheel of your own Maestro...
        Last edited by Austin-Rover; 7th February 2004, 23:33.

Comment

Re: Ledbury Maestro: Part 2

Originally posted by F170 GGT

The interior is farily good, the lack of enthusiasm by the chaps who built it certainly shows in this part of the car, but overall, it is not too bad.
          The chaps that built it are nice blokes actually and I think did take care when building. Not for them the luxury of a production line! They are still enthusiastically catering for Maestro owners like me, especially today when I paid them a visit.

R514 looks a nice car - that colour really suits the car well. The last Ledbury was registered on a 51 plate, by the way.
          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Re: Ledbury Maestro: Part 2

the lack of enthusiasm by the chaps who built it certainly shows in this part of the car, but overall, it is not too bad
            Not noticed any differance in quality between Ledbury and Factory built cars myself. Perhaps it has a few bugs to iron out?

Comment

Re: Re: Ledbury Maestro: Part 2

Originally posted by RDGelder
              Not noticed any differance in quality between Ledbury and Factory built cars myself. Perhaps it has a few bugs to iron out?
              It has the same problems I saw in yours, the door cappings were higher than the window seals. (on some doors)
              Other than that, it is fine.
              Steve Worsley

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Ledbury Maestro: Part 2

It has the same problems I saw in yours, the door cappings were higher than the window seals. (on some doors)
                Other than that, it is fine.
                yes, as above - Ive not noticed any differance in quality between Ledbury and Factory built Maestro's

Comment

My mate's 'Apple 2000' Maestro is exactly the same as this.

The driver's door has dropped on its hinges as well, just like on R491 RVJ (RDGelder's Ledbury Maestro)...
                  Last edited by e692wtt; 8th February 2004, 20:24.
                  Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                  "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                  "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                  "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

very nice. i once saw one of the R reg ones doing about in bedford, must of been about a year or two ago...

Comment

Working...
                    X