No announcement yet.

co2 Emissions TAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i knew i should have concentrated more during my chemistry lessons....... but my teacher known as 'Jabba' from starwars...was an NUT shop steward and was always off on jollies and as inspiring as a margret beckett mirror
    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Gosh there is a lot of writing in some of the posts above for something that is very simple. Car tax on cars registered between 1973 and 2001 is simply determined by engine size and has been for many years.

As it stands, 1549cc and under is £125 and over 1549cc is £190. These prices have gone up periodically usually in line with inflation - but they have no relation to emissions, CO2 readings, MOT tests, fuel type, catalytic converters or any other measures.

As the government didn't collect CO2 figures before 2001, I would have thought the only changes they could make to this would be to increase the bands based on engine size but as the number of cars in this category shrinks, I doubt they will bother.

Comment

Working...
      X