Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro model cars

Anyone got any?

I've seen a Scaletric one, and a Corgi one with opening doors and hatch. Were any others made?
    You laugh at me, 'cos I have a Maestro. I laugh at you, 'cos you are ignorant!

Maestro Models...

I presume the Corgi model you refer to is the one with working headlights. Apart from that and the scalextric ones, no other Maestro models have been made.

The Maestro has fared better than the Montego, of which i dont think any models have ever been made.

Comment

Maestro model cars

Originally posted by Hobson
      Corgi one with opening doors and hatch. Were any others made?
      Love to see a picture of this model. The Corgi 1009 MG Maestro 1600 does not have opening hatch or doors, so this is a different model that I have never heard of! There is another thread with lots of images of model MG Maestros - check that one out!

Comment

I have just found these excellent Scalextric models!
        http://www.area51b.freeserve.co.uk/mg/maestro.htm

Comment

Heres the one with lights...

Comment

http://www.87thscale.info/autosculpt.htm

Theres an MG Maestro listed here.

Comment

I did email Maisto and Corgi a few weeks ago about this subject. Maisto said they can't discuss future plans, and I have had no reply from Corgi...
              Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
              VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
              J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

The light up Corgi models...can anyone give me info on the lights/batteries/fittings they need? Mine just has an empty compartment. I can't quite get how it'd work either..so if anyone could post a pic of one with the "innards" hatch open..I'd be grateful..

To be quite honest, I'm very tempted to collect some models of the Maestro etc. I lost all my models etc years ago in a house fire. The missus despairs..but it'd be a nice long term reminder of the car..

Comment

I was very kindly given a yellow Corgi Maestro, just like the one in Hobson's post. You'll need 2 AAA batteries and a couple of 3V torch bulbs. The latter are of a tapering design with a much smaller diameter top than bottom, there's a kind of lens in the top as well. Tell you what, I'll draw you one on a postit note scan it in and place it here for all to see. Hang on. (It'd be a lot easier if either I knew what they were called or I actually had one here to scan for you )
                  You can contact me by clicking here.
                  Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Good God, I'm wasted as an IT Administrator!

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

I think they're called pea bulbs for some reason.

Comment

Great picture

Originally posted by F153JUE

Good God, I'm wasted as an IT Administrator!
                        That is good, just what they look like.

Comment

F153JUE-Thankyou very much! Much appreciated! I'll get some at the weekend I think. Then all it needs is a paint job..it really is fairly battered, poor thing.

Comment

A pleasure, Sir!

Mine, too, needs a paint job - the bloke who gave it to me had it as a child so consequently it's a little battered. I think a nice coat of white paint will set it up nicely

I've just got to take it apart which looks like drilling out a couple of rivets...

Comment

Agreed...but the thing that worries me is how to put it back together again afterwards..:laugh:

It'd be a fiddly job to paint..but personally I'd be tempted to try and do the black bits of the door as well...instead of having them body coloured like they are now.

I wonder if there is such a thing as an airfix model of the Maestro out there?

Comment

Working...
                              X