Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last pic - I can only add 5 per post. Bizarrely the DVLA have it as a December 88 registration - either a typo or it should be on an F plate.
    Last edited by Captain Slow; 26th February 2012, 16:37.
    Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
    E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
    H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
    J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
    L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
    OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
    PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

• Jesus, looks a whole lot better in those pics than it does today!

Comment

• They were two years ago, remember! If it's been used daily and not looked after very well 2 years is a long time.
        Sam Skelton

PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

• Just found the interior on eBay. Price seems a but high considering the marks in the seats, see if I get the car first or not!

Comment

• The seller is vickygriff on here I think.
            Sam Skelton

Comment

• i often wonderd what happend to that vp estate ,i went to veiw this car when country classic's had it as it was not far from me and it looked a lot better in the pictures than in real life then!!!
              1993 rover montego countryman TD

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
                Bizarrely the DVLA have it as a December 88 registration - either a typo or it should be on an F plate.
                Possibly used abroad (Channel Islands or Isle of Man) for first few months of its life then given an age-related plate when it was registered by the DVLA for the first time.

My Mini 1275 GT is a 1980 car, but was registered here in 1984 on a 1980/81 'W' plate: its first owner was in the Forces, and it was originally running round on Forces plates (I sent my fiver to DVLA and got its history printed off )
                1983 (Y) MG 1600
                1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                1990 Clubman D
                1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

• White MG Maestro Turbo spotted driving in the Coventry area today; personal plate H*********TH

In fact, today has been a good day for spotting classics around Coventry: must be this fantastic weather we've had for the last couple of days in Central England!
                  1983 (Y) MG 1600
                  1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                  1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                  1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                  1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                  1990 Clubman D
                  1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

• I guess the registration issue is down to it first being used in Norway perhaps? Going to nip and see him tomorrow and see what deal I can sort out.

Comment

• E528 NWN

In Fiesta Keyless entry advert... if it didnt have a rust issue before, bet it will now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCYHSw2l5f8
                      Attached Files
                      1.3 Mayfair E975 RVG
                      1.3 Ledbury X46 DAB
                      Daily Stuff Pug 308CC / C4 Grand Picasso / Pug 207

Comment

• False plate, looks like a former Mayfair.
                        Sam Skelton

Comment

• Originally posted by Oli View Post
                          Tickford #423 Green H430 YKH spotted on Newfoundland Way today at 5:30am on my way home.
                          saw this today by fowlers bike shop followed it to the next set of traffic lights hopeing to flag him down to have a chat but it disapperd into the traffic
                          1993 rover montego countryman TD

Comment

• Off to look more closely at the VP estate at the weekend. He gave me an idea of what he's after for it (with 3 months t&t remaining), and without giving away the price all I shall say is that I could buy two things worth £100 each for the same as what he wants for the Monty!

Comment

• You'd better be bloody quick then - otherwise I might have to annoy the neighbours!
                              Sam Skelton

Comment

• who was it??

saw a austin maestro vp in white on the M1 between jnc 14 and 15 heading north about 17:15 this evening. Was a D plate in white with the flat faced alloy wheels. little bit of rust about but a nice car.
                                I was happy to see something other than boring cloned german saloons.

Comment

Working...
                                X