X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR in NZ

Originally posted by AnthonyG
    Don't know if AR sold cars there in the 80's - MG Rover have recently gone back in.
    Montegos and Metros were definitely sold in New Zealand but not sure about Maestros. NZ is also one of the few countries outside Europe where you can buy an MG ZS. For eample, The ZT is available in Australia and the ZR and ZT is available in Mexico but the ZS is available in far fewer markets. Not sure how these decisions are made.

Comment

Where I live seems to be overrun with the buggers, I see 2 or 3 Maestros per day, and very rarely the same ones! Also a few Montys, saw a Turbo last week

Comment

Greetings From Spain...

You know you have it bad when you find an Internet Terminal in a Spanish bar and are browsing the Club´s forums...

Anyway...I´ve spotted some more unusual breeds of Montego this week, including 2 Rover badged Montego saloons and estates. (Rust free of course...)

I am sure i spotted one in a scrapyard as well...

There doesnt seem to be half as many Montego´s around in this area as there was last year. Where have they all gone as they cant have been killed by rust?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover
          There doesnt seem to be half as many Montego´s around in this area as there was last year. Where have they all gone as they cant have been killed by rust?
          Bury was that???

My 2.0i BRG MG Maestro makes a few regular trips to Bury! Partners parents have a quiet road where I can get stuff done! Actually! Not done Anything yet :laugh: .I just end up chatting!

Me Always approachable.. if you wave first! ( Just Got the n/s electric window working! Just changed the fuse, like i did with the rear demist, radio, clock, fan etc.)

Mickey

Comment

You will have to let us know which parts of Bury you are fortunate enough to experiance. I have yet to see your MG Maestro though...

Comment

Originally posted by J399KGV
              Bury was that???

My 2.0i BRG MG Maestro makes a few regular trips to Bury! Partners parents have a quiet road where I can get stuff done! Actually! Not done Anything yet :laugh: .I just end up chatting!

Me Always approachable.. if you wave first! ( Just Got the n/s electric window working! Just changed the fuse, like i did with the rear demist, radio, clock, fan etc.)

Mickey
              He was in Spain when he posted that :laugh: . There's not many left in Bury either but the decline has been more gradual over the last few years.

There is a Maestro ...Surf, seems to have been abandoned, very near my house. It has been there for about a month and is still untouched, which surprises me greatly!

I'll look out for you in Bury, but give us a clue as to which part you visit... :laugh: I live in Warth, near the Newbank Garden Centre (that cuts it down a bit, I know).
              Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
              "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
              "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
              "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover
                You will have to let us know which parts of Bury you are fortunate enough to experiance. I have yet to see your MG Maestro though...
                I'll be out and about this Saturday in Bury! Ainsworth???? Yet to experience the market. Someone keeps mentioning Black Puddings! :laugh:

Dont forget to wave.. You'll know its me as I leave a train of rust behind!

Mickey
                Last edited by J399KGV; 11th November 2004, 23:07.

Comment

Ah, Bury Market... one of the best markets in the UK, I would say.

But make sure you get a 'full fat' Black Pudding, the 'lean' ones aren't as nice . Actually, I don't think they are called 'full fat' but you get my drift. You will either love them or loathe them - personally I love them just don't think about what they are made from...

Ainsworth? That's about 4 miles away from here. I'm familiar with the locality.
                  Last edited by e692wtt; 11th November 2004, 23:17. Reason: sixth line typed...
                  Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                  "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                  "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                  "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Originally posted by e692wtt
                    But make sure you get a 'full fat' Black Pudding, the 'lean' ones aren't as nice . Actually, I don't think they are called 'full fat' but you get my drift. You will either love them or loathe them - personally I love them just don't think about what they are made from...
                    Black Puddings Reminds me of my childhood! Now what exactly are they made of............ ........................................NO!!! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT

(me gets the feeling this is not the last I will hear of the Black Pudding Saga) MUHAHAHAHA :laugh:

Mickey!

Comment

Black pudding? Absolutely gorgeous. So is white pudding, for that matter, although I have no idea what that is made from.

Comment

Back on topic!

Can anyone guess where I snapped this montego estate?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Abroad?
                          Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple
                            Can anyone guess where I snapped this montego estate?
                            Ooh, definately a foreign jobby. was it a Rover GTD? Love the tailgate.
                            1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by Montyboy
                              Ooh, definately a foreign jobby. was it a Rover GTD? Love the tailgate.
                              Yes it was a Rover 2.0GTD - any guesses where I saw it?

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple
                                Yes it was a Rover 2.0GTD - any guesses where I saw it?
                                Hmm, can't see the plate very clearly. I would expect France or Germany or somewhere similar but lets be whacky... Bristol?
                                1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Working...
                                X