Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was in my works car park (again) and saw a fantastic red monty (saloon) C reg with the mg alloy wheels (spoke) got to be someone off here was in to good nick, as well as fog lights attached, the front bumper was grey also. was in worcestershire area.

regerstration was easy 2 remember... C** SUY

Comment

Saw a D reg Maestro clubman today, Cream colour, little bit tatty but looked like it ran well.

Comment

Did you flyer it
        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Red/burgundy Maestro City, Cheadle Sainsburys car park today.
          A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
          Maestro Camper Van
          Maestro 1.3L
          Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickIngham
            Saw a D reg Maestro clubman today, Cream colour, little bit tatty but looked like it ran well.

D-reg Maestro - could have been a City, not a Clubman

Base models went something like this:

Y/A/B 1.3
            B/C/D/E 1.3 City/City X
            E? 1.3 Surf
            F/G 1.3 Special
            G/H/J/K/L/M 1.3 Clubman

Comment

We have a Q plate van sitting in the road we go through to enter my crescent.. but my printers not agreeing today.. *goes bak to clicking print numberious times*

Comment

just wondering if anyone on here lives in or unfortunately has to visit Worksop during daylight hours as I see a red maestro quite regularly I think the reg no is G781SOH not 100% though .

I'm not a maestro spotter (in a nice way) so I couldn't say what model it was.seems to be in quite nice condition.just wondering if it was anyone off here

Darren

Comment

G781SOH

Are you sure that it is G781SOH?

This registration is not listed on the DVLA database which means that the car is either scrapped or taken off the road some time ago before they got their computer.

Comment

Montego Spotting

Spotted in Bury this weekend. An early Montego Estate Vanden Plas EFi in blue. How rare is that?

Looking at the insides, it appear to be being used as a subsitute for a builders/joiners van. If anything, it looks more unloved and untidy than rusty...

I was very surprised to find it. I thought I knew of all the Maestros and Montegos in town!

:laugh:
                    Attached Files

Comment

• oh look its got crome roof rack oh nice looks a bit sorry for it self if only i had the space a c reg would complete a set i always wanted. :laugh:

Comment

• I'm not really familiar with VP specs... are they headlamp washers on the front?

Comment

• wow - now that is rare! the owners don't know that obviously.

Comment

• Yes, they are headlamp washers. An option on top spec models I think. I can't remember if the VP came with them as standard though!

Were they an option on the carb VP and standard on the EFi VP?

Comment

• Standard on all VDP and MG Turbo Montego's and, for a while, an option on all other models. Deleted in Oct 88. Comes complete with a massive 7 litre washer reservoir!
                              M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                              Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin-Rover
                                Spotted in Bury this weekend. An early Montego Estate Vanden Plas EFi in blue. How rare is that?

Looking at the insides, it appear to be being used as a subsitute for a builders/joiners van. If anything, it looks more unloved and untidy than rusty...

I was very surprised to find it. I thought I knew of all the Maestros and Montegos in town!

:laugh:
                                I think I'm in love! I thought they had all gone!
                                1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Working...
                                X