Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen Maestro, Ramsbottom,Bury, Lancashire

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stolen Maestro, Ramsbottom,Bury, Lancashire

    Sadly I have to report that my Maestro has been stolen sometime over this weekend, probably on Sunday night From Whalley Road, Shuttleworth, Ramsbottom.
    A long shot this but if anyone sees a red Maestro reg F 62 XSX please report it immediately. This vehicle is on an SORN and is/was awaiting brake parts. Only three brakes are working.
    I guess it's local tealeaves but it's not hard to spot any Maestro these days!

    Steve.

  • #2
    How sad, considering its history in your signature.
    I bet if you'd taken it out on Sunday night while SORN, Lancs/GM Police would have spotted it and arrested you before you'd driven 100 meters.
    Let's hope that because it's both reported stolen and was SORN, the police radar picks it up very quickly.
    Regards
    John Orrell

    MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

    Comment


    • #3
      sorry to hear of you having your car solen.when my dads one was stolen it was driven up the local park and torched and the hand brake let off so it rolled down the hiill.sadly the police was no use they did not even notifie us on the same evening it had been found.and sadly there was nowt we could recover as it was crushed. dave

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
        How sad, considering its history in your signature.
        I bet if you'd taken it out on Sunday night while SORN, Lancs/GM Police would have spotted it and arrested you before you'd driven 100 meters.
        Let's hope that because it's both reported stolen and was SORN, the police radar picks it up very quickly.
        Thanks for that, I've driven around locally to many of the places I can think of where it might be but no luck and no come back from the Police so far.
        A few years ago a neighbour had his Nissan Micra stolen, vandalised and torched so I'm not holding my breath.

        Steve.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry to hear that... I hope they catch the b.stards

          C

          Comment


          • #6
            Hope you get it back safe and sound, please let us know the outcome

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Oli View Post
              Hope you get it back safe and sound, please let us know the outcome
              Just when I was beginning to fear the worst GM Police phoned to say that the car has been found in Denton. It's condition is described as having damage to a wing (well I've got two of those on K 502 RHG) and being undriveable. Well, it was "undriveable" when they drove off and did 20 miles in it! If they are referring to the brakes then I know about that but I don't know if they've done more damage to it.
              A sleepless night is in prospect before I phone the garage (with bated breath) which recovered it in the morning, another report to follow tomorrow............
              My father bought the car on 1st Feb 1990, I'm, hopefully, retreiving it on 1st Feb 2011.
              Last edited by SteveW; 31st January 2011, 23:13.

              Comment


              • #8
                Good luck, Steve, it at least sounds like a happier ending than for my Montego that was stolen last year. Found half a mile up the road in Bredbury burnt to a crisp

                Bar stewards...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Fingers crossed for you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good luck mate our fingers and toes are crossed for you here. Little b'stards.
                    Regards
                    John Orrell

                    MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Glad to hear it didn't get burned. Shame you'll have to hold on a little longer to find out the true extent of the damage. I hope it is saveable. I also hope you don't get stung for expensive storage and recovery costs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Good news (relatively) - best of luck to you.
                        Steve Worsley

                        R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Keeping my fingers crossed for you mate.
                          Sam Skelton

                          RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                          E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                          H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                          J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                          L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                          OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                          PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Now awaiting SOCO to do the dabs on it. Damage is to n/s front wing, spoiler and headlamp and they broke the ignition so it will start with a screwdriver.
                            The only thing I haven't got is an undamaged spoiler. It's £150 just for the recovery so far.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Great isn't it when some little cnut nicks your car but you have to pay to get it back. No wonder this country's fcuked up.
                              Regards
                              John Orrell

                              MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                              MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X