No announcement yet.

G901 GOJ - Maestro 1.3L Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe if I had better facilities than a draughty 1930s asbestos garage, it might be something to tackle at home at my leisure. The situation is though, that there's nowhere to do the work myself (even if I could) and I've other cars in better condition that deserve my money.

I've had a few people in touch wanting parts, so I'll have a think in the next few days and decide how things will pan out.

Comment

The rear sills om my old 91 maestro auto were like that but the rest of the car was so good i couldnt break it, i cut all the rot out cleaned all the area to bare metal made the plates and paid a welder to weld it all in, i then cleaned up and prepped and painted it the car lasted 5 years after and gave sterling service so i was very glad i saved it
      i did however want the car for use so i take it is a different story for you in this car, you could spend a few quid getting it all doen and then sell it for not much more than it cost

Comment

Its amazing how easy it is to sort this kind of thing out - but only with the right equipment and facilities. my projects taken since February now, and its still not done - its finding the time to get on and do it what with all the other stuff life throws at you.

until I bought a house with a decent garage/workshop doing work like welding wasn't really achievable - hence why my car ended up a serious mess.

if you were just round the corner I'd offer to have a look at it with you Rich, but its a bit far to mess around with weldiing gear etc - not to mention needing to sort my own collection out first!

Andy
        CURRENT FLEET:
        1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
        1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
        1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
        2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
        1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Right, a possible last minute stay of execution has fallen through, so the car is definitely being broken now. If you've been in touch by PM or email, I have replied to your enquiries.

Ray, you can have the dashboard if you want it. There is slight lifting over the instrument binnacle and one small crack appearing from the driver's side demisting vent for the windscreen. There's also a fine mist of spray paint over it, so it'll need a wipe down with some thinners to clean up.

Comment

I would guess at that age it is unleaded spec, so the cylinder head, distributor and carburettor are all worth saving.
            1983 (Y) MG 1600
            1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
            1987 700 City 1.6 Van
            1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
            1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
            1990 Clubman D
            1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Working...
            X