Happy Birthday H54 YGW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday H54 YGW!

Today on the way home from playing football in Derby, my MG 2.0i passed its birthday milestone of 100,000 miles!! I know compared to many mines merely a young whippersnapper, so who holds the record for most number of miles and still going, and on what models?

not me i am just over as well at 100,127
    Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

F170 GGT isn't used much so it will stick to 91,418 for a while yet.
      Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
      VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
      J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

G699 GOJ has about 112k and still goes well, starts first time and never let me down once in two years of daily use. However, she is heading for the scrapper if nobody wants her because...

A82 WHR has a mere 46k on the clock. A long way to go before she reaches normal Maestro mileage.

Comment

My father's MG EFi did recently cross 220,000 miles. At that point we changed the engine because the oil seal on the oil pump broke. Otherwise it was till going strong and did still exceed 5200rpm in 5th :-) The new engine has just 50,000miles - so there is a lot in front of us...

My MG 1600 has done 120,000 miles, and the old engine was ruined (by the former owner) when crossing tooo deep water.

Alexander
          http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

Mine today is on 71448 miles, if I can get it over 100k, I'll throw a party!

Comment

Mines on 129K. Fitted a new piston last year and found there was one thou wear on the bores so should get plenty more miles barring disasters.

Comment

I usually see the cars birthday as the date it was first registered. :laugh:
                Steve Worsley

Comment

M681 MOL is on 66128 and chugging along happily...(2.OTD)

B879 JBD was on 132k (1.3L)and going strong until t-boned by a pug 205... ouch!

Comment

66,000 miles is pretty low. Have you a picture of your TD that you can post up? What colour is it? Any rust? Mine's on 96,200 which my dad bought 2 1/2 years ago on 58,000 miles.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

H902 is now at 107k and still going strong!

Comment

Originally posted by M170 RFA
                        66,000 miles is pretty low. Have you a picture of your TD that you can post up? What colour is it? Any rust? Mine's on 96,200 which my dad bought 2 1/2 years ago on 58,000 miles.
                        Unfortunately i am not to good with computers,so i am not able to post a photo of my TD at the moment,but my mate is coming round at the weekend and hopefully he'll help me out!
                        M681 MOL(clubman) is dark blue,tin worm in the usual places( o/s/r arch, inside doors,just spots)had mine just over 21/2 years aswell.
                        Doesn't look a patch on your beast......great looking maesty!

Comment

120k miles, 30k in the last 8 months. Still going strong and as good as it was at 73k when i bought the car 3 years ago this month. O series rule....

Gareth

Comment

...and A Series. :laugh: Seriously though, it's still good at 91,000!
                            Steve Worsley

Comment

Top aspect about the 1.3 engine is that they are well proven e.g. in the mini and can be tuned to produce slightly more power than an MG1600! Apparently the sky is the limit(well, so I've read).

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Working...
                              X