More info from the very proud owner of B64OLO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More info from the very proud owner of B64OLO

hi all as some of you may know thanks to mark i have a lovely little 1985 maestro 1.3L (mazie)

well today i had a little help from some ebay sales of old junk i had lying around (its amazing what crap people buy lol) and had a little spare so i took her for an mot just to see what im up against and i was given a fail sheet but i am not worried in the slightest as its just brakes.

front pads below 1.5mm thick (well thats not a problem it came with brand new pads in the boot so bonus there)

rear pasangers side handbrake cable has a kink in it (will need one if any one has one. just the left hand side part as every thing else is fine)

rear brakes with little or no effort (well new shoes i expect )

and lastly excess travel on brake peddle (suspected rear cylinders) <<need these also

there was an advisory on corrosion but was not excessive and no holes so will rust remedy that and under seal

here is a pic of the advisory

more pics from today

also fitted a new radio / mp3 (was going to be my sony mp3 changer one but i can't find the front for it in the monty : ( )

also front speakers were perished so replaced them with some nice sounding pioneers

thats all thats hapened so far will keep posting on progress ect if there is any interest

thanks again mark for a lovely car and to telemedic/ turbo medic for looking over the car with me, driving down there to help me get her (and letting me have a go in ur turbo )

Bless it Glad you're happy, Seemed funny not seeing it on my drive when i got up yesterday! lol

Comment

Originally posted by MarkM View Post
      Bless it Glad you're happy, Seemed funny not seeing it on my drive when i got up yesterday! lol
      well its just awaiting parts and she will have a new 12month mot

ive never seen my misses so happy about a car (as she dident like my turbos )

Comment

Keep the post updates coming

Comment

ok so i got all parts today to put her through and mot only cost me £43 for the lot thats

handbrake cable
          2 rear brake cylinders
          rear shoes

front pads (were already included in the sale of the car)

so do the work on her tomorrow and either take her for mot if i have time or take her wednesday either way ill keep you posted

Comment

YAYYYYY She past her mot today all sorted just got to find tax money b4 i go away to devon in her

Comment

Super Job

Comment

Originally posted by MarkM View Post
                Super Job
                so now all i have to do is tax her and take her on the long drive to devon that i am not worried about in the slightest as i have done 500 miles in her already and ive not even had it for 2 weeks yet lol epic fun for cheap motoring

Comment

It's a great little runner and ideal for that

Comment

Originally posted by jake_bullet View Post
                    YAYYYYY She past her mot today all sorted just got to find tax money b4 i go away to devon in her
                    Nice one

Comment

Nice one
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                      MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Mazie has had some money spent on her

ok so been a while since i posted an update so here u go

after covering over 1k miles in less than a week in the wicked car i noticed she was chewing tyres like anything and was very close to a blow out (shredding the inside of both tyres) but for £17.99 she now drives and tracks stright and true.

so because of this i treated her to some brand new front tyres at £65 for the pair

now the mot is due very soon (21st of aug to be exact ) so been looking for other things that need doing

1. exhaust :- found one at local tyre and exhaust garage for £65 new and fitted for down pipe mid and back.

2 front shocks :- now will be posting up on the wanted section as would prefer some that are ready with springs and just bolt on as lack of tools and work space

3 possably a tiny bit of welding underneath

and thats it she will pass an mot as i have already done the front wheel bearings and everything else looks and sounds good

Comment

Good to see you back on here, where you been?
                          Did you ever find that stereo front? It definitely wasn't in the turbo, I still haven't put the interior back in yet lol

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_stu View Post
                            Good to see you back on here, where you been?
                            Did you ever find that stereo front? It definitely wasn't in the turbo, I still haven't put the interior back in yet lol
                            ha ha yea funny story with that i found it in telemedics maestro turbo

Comment

Glad its still going strong

Comment

Working...
                              X