Does anyone happen to have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone happen to have...

...any rear panels for a plastic-bumpered Maestro?

The panels I mean are highlighted in the attached images. I feel they need to be replaced with full new panels rather than welded or filled; (enough of that already).

So I am looking for these replacement panels, and am unsure as to where to get them from, and what the prices are...

Graham (F915-NWC), you said filler doesn't rust... you should see my car!

PS: This is just the beginning.
    Attached Files
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Replacement Panels

Originally posted by F170 GGT
    ...and am unsure as to where to get them from, and what the prices are...
    Perhaps a Panel supplier or a decent motor factors would be a good place to start??

Magnum Car Panels in Rochdale should have what you require. Myself and Rich Smith were there yesterday actually for some quotes on various Maestro and Montego bits.

Magnum Car Panels,
    Bilberry Street,
    Rochdale.

Tel. 01706 359666
    Last edited by Austin-Rover; 16th July 2004, 19:49. Reason: Adding contact details...

Comment

Try Rover Steve, the boot panel is still available, over 100 quid though...

Gareth

Comment

I was given a price of £100 for a Monty saloon back panel from Magnum. I can only presume the Maestro one is around a similar price mark.

Comment

Yep, as Gareth says, still available from Rover, and around £100. That's about the only place you'll get one too.
          A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
          Maestro Camper Van
          Maestro 1.3L
          Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

The 2 end panels that your after are only available from rover as well, there 20 pounds each and I had to wait 3 weeks for the LH one.

Comment

Why can't you just treat and patch the panel you already have? It doesn't look too bad to me.

Comment

I've done this job, Steve. The rear panel includes the boot floor up to the spare wheel, then there are 2 small panels each side to accommodate the rear lights. You have to unpick a lot of spot welds! It's a lot of work but then you know it's all rust free. I was offered the rear panel for £100 from the dealer in Bedford about 2 years ago but then bought a NOS one from the MMOC for around £50 - have you asked the club(s)?.
                Phil

Comment

Working...
                X