The result of poor driving on ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The result of poor driving on ice

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...Photo-0030.jpgI would like to add the car had no one in it when it was hit. A number of people tried to flag down the driver of the other car. She was in a rush as was the first driver who was tailgating and cliped the car in the first place. Thats why no one was in it as they had checked for damage. Some good came from it. The Maestro had been turned to face the way it came from, so my sister could drive straight home. It is a poor picture b post sill floor quater panel not pretty.

re maestro crash

oh dear a bit of a mess.maybe could be repaired with a replacement door and a bit of panel pulling.if not maybe some spares.

Comment

Ive fixed worse, Your looking at replaceing a door, Sill, and possably a B pillar if you find and supply the body parts to a specalist that could be done for £300
      I have no montego anymore

Comment

Insurance price will be well over 1k though, so will write the car off.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

If he lets them write the car off but get it fixed under a category c repair.
          I have no montego anymore

Comment

They were hard to deal with at first, telling me it would be a write off and unlikely i could buy it back. If we let them the car would be in the crusher now. I told them i wanted my own quote they agreed but said they send out some one from a salvage yard to tell me what cat it would be. I have left it two weeks with no quote yet. As it was not my sisters fault they are know in a rush to finish the claim. We have now been told to get any quote asap and we can buy back the car. no mention of any one looking at the car now so i will see what happens. They say the value is around £500 to£600 not bad for a none classic policy. I have all the parts to fix apart from a good door.

Comment

Working...
            X