KGB Shock's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGB Shock's

Has anyone fitted these to there Maestro / Montego? Looking at a KYB Excell-G shocks on ebay, they seem fair priced compared with the others.

Whats putting me off tho is, i had a pair on my XR2 and even tho they were correct, the car sat too high, even with lowering springs the car sat higher than standard, something to do with the strut length

Anyone got any feedback on there Maestro ones?
    Last edited by trocse; 3rd May 2013, 12:22.

I've fitted these, there's two pan heights available (taken from centre of lower mounting bolt to lower pan). If I remember correctly the lowest type is 160mm pan-height (for the rears). Memory fails me for the fronts. KYB used to have an excellent PDF of all the types but I can't find it now.

EDIT:-
    http://www.kyb-europe.com/catalogue.asp

They used to list the pan-heights but I can't find it now. Select Austin.

2nd edit - Bottom of page 40 here http://www.kyb-europe.com/pdf/2013-shock-version-a.pdf
    Last edited by Mat_C; 3rd May 2013, 13:00.
    1989 MG Maestro Turbo #413

1986 MG Maestro EFi - Dead but still here
    1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 L - Dead and in heaven

2001 Rover 75 CDT (Daily Runner)

Comment

Two heights available for the front I think. 250mm and 264mm (the latter being much more common).
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong guys - but is it not the spring that governs height?

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

I always thought overall ride height was a combination of pan height and spring type. Could be wrong....happy to be shot down in flames
          1989 MG Maestro Turbo #413

1986 MG Maestro EFi - Dead but still here
          1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 L - Dead and in heaven

2001 Rover 75 CDT (Daily Runner)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong guys - but is it not the spring that governs height?
            Its both.

If you fit the same spring to different spring pan height shocks then the ride height will change.

If you change the spring on the same pan height then the ride height also changes.
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
              Its both.

If you fit the same spring to different spring pan height shocks then the ride height will change.

If you change the spring on the same pan height then the ride height also changes.
              i have a 1.3 maestro and i got smaller springs off motor-built i still have the same shocks on and the car sits nice and low if you find a photo of it on face book i was at longbridge the reg is H824 OOV
              Vic

Comment

Working...
              X