Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

differences in doors maestro to montego?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differences in doors maestro to montego?

I picked up a new door yesterday, I think it is a maestro door, can I fit the montego door trim to this easily enough? I've never stripped a door down so not sure if the fittings are the same?

Front's are identical, only thing is the maestro door will not have the locating dowels on the top for the Montego trim.
    Easily rectified by using rivets to hold the clips in place.

Rears are essentially the same across the range, until you get to the window frame.

All three have differing window frames on the top,(due to body angles at the rear, the frames needed to match) but the base units are identical.

You can with care, swop the frames over on the base unit's, to use any rear on any car.

Comment

I thought Maestro rear doors were the same as the Monty estate ones?

Ian
      Ian Drew
      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
      MG ZT V8
      Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Thanks for the replies, is there a quick how to on here for removing the top trim before I rip it off and damage it?

Comment

I think Jeff did a "how to" on removing and refitting the shoulder trim.

Essentially they "slide" back off the clips and can then be lifted off, but it's never that simple and damage to clips and trim is easily done.

Comment

ok, I have a spare rear so I'll have a quick look at that. I'll try looking at jeff's threads

Comment

Working...
            X