Most of us will know to look at the drivers turret top to find the cars Vin no. on both Maestro's and Montego's.
Some years ago it was mentioned that later cars may have had the number stamped in a secondary area as well.
Do we have a definitive date for this happening?
Has anyone ever found a Vin number stamped in any other place than the Turret?.
I know that the "VIN plate" on early cars was on the drivers inner wing, until moved to the passenger B pillar base.
Having recently been mulling over the number of different years and models of the cars that I have owned (Maestro and Montego) I have never found the VIN stamped anywhere else, but am reminded of the discussion regarding a secondary place whenever I think about it...
So the question is : has anyone found it elsewhere stamped into the metal, or is there any documentary evidence that it was ever stamped in two places at any time during production?.
Some years ago it was mentioned that later cars may have had the number stamped in a secondary area as well.
Do we have a definitive date for this happening?
Has anyone ever found a Vin number stamped in any other place than the Turret?.
I know that the "VIN plate" on early cars was on the drivers inner wing, until moved to the passenger B pillar base.
Having recently been mulling over the number of different years and models of the cars that I have owned (Maestro and Montego) I have never found the VIN stamped anywhere else, but am reminded of the discussion regarding a secondary place whenever I think about it...
So the question is : has anyone found it elsewhere stamped into the metal, or is there any documentary evidence that it was ever stamped in two places at any time during production?.

Comment