Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

purchased today 1988 maestro vanden plas from a time warp scrapyard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    well done on saving this one, I spotted this one a while back, I think I posted about it.

    The yard is very much a timewarp. There used to be a mint mg maestro 2.0 in gunmetal grey. Its been crushed. He also had a d reg van again that was in excellent order sadly crushed. Surprised the blue allegro is there. Thought would have been crushed along time ago. Through his yard he has had in the past an early 1.6 countryman estate. It was quite rotten and its still there with a mk3 astra on top of it. He has had several diesel montego's and maestro's and other 1.3s too.

    I love the old talbot horizon quietly rusting away, its odometer reads 42000 miles. I bought from him several years ago for a metal bumper from a capri. I fitted it the the maestro I had as the original one had dissolved. He's had a few low mileage austin metro's in the past. Its a case of engines out and crush the shell. I remember in the corner near the gates there used to me an allegro not rot, low mileage i think 37000 in green it was a 1.1 a series engine.

    Its a yard definately worth visiting!

    Again well done on saving the maestro..... I thought it was to good to be scrapped or broken up for parts. But all cannot be saved.
    Last edited by Gothbiker18; 16th May 2014, 22:30. Reason: info slightly wrong - should have looked at pictures

    Comment


    • #17
      I never got a look at the engine. But I always thought s series engines only became unleaded in about 89 on wards. I think it depends on where the oil filler pipe is? I could be wrong.

      Im sure someone else will know. My knowledge is a little rusty lol

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Gothbiker18 View Post
        well done on saving this one, I spotted this one a while back, I think I posted about it.

        The yard is very much a timewarp. There used to be a mint mg maestro 2.0 in gunmetal grey. Its been crushed. He also had a d reg van again that was in excellent order sadly crushed. Surprised the blue allegro is there. Thought would have been crushed along time ago. Through his yard he has had in the past an early 1.6 countryman estate. It was quite rotten and its still there with a mk3 astra on top of it. He has had several diesel montego's and maestro's and other 1.3s too.

        I love the old talbot horizon quietly rusting away, its odometer reads 42000 miles. I bought from him several years ago for a metal bumper from a capri. I fitted it the the maestro I had as the original one had dissolved. He's had a few low mileage austin metro's in the past. Its a case of engines out and crush the shell. I remember in the corner near the gates there used to me an allegro not rot, low mileage i think 37000 in green it was a 1.1 a series engine.

        Its a yard definately worth visiting!

        Again well done on saving the maestro..... I thought it was to good to be scrapped or broken up for parts. But all cannot be saved.
        Curious as to why there are so many old cars in a yard like that "Time Warp" yet they crushed a mint MG Maestro, can't see the logic in that when other rotten cars just sit there? Perhaps a bit more pro-active advertising on their part may help!

        Comment


        • #19
          The maestro was broken up for parts, and at that time when it existed, which was about 6 or 7 years ago it wasn't really sought after. There were still quite a few around. The mileage on the 1.6 countryman is about 100000 I know that it has or had an unleaded head.

          Comment


          • #20
            The maestro was broken up for parts, and at that time when it existed, which was about 6 or 7 years ago it wasn't really sought after. There were still quite a few around. The mileage on the 1.6 countryman is about 100000 I know that it has or had an unleaded head.

            Comment

            Working...
            X