Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Monstro' article on Van

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 'Monstro' article on Van

    I read the article in the latest issue on the van restoration with interest.

    Does anyone know anything about the soundproofing mentioned in the article?
    Neil
    90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
    94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
    01 MG ZS 180
    97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
    16' BMW 330d M Sport
    14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
    57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

  • #2
    What soundproofing are you after? I've done a fair bit on my van and still more to do.

    http://roverdiesel.co.uk/forums/view...&start=10#p916
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

    Comment


    • #3
      Just wanted to know where it's best to buy from and how far you go with it?

      I guess bulkhead and bonnet, what about doors, and any in the rear?
      Neil
      90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
      94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
      01 MG ZS 180
      97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
      16' BMW 330d M Sport
      14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
      57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

      Comment


      • #4
        It depends on what is there to start with.
        If you can get hold of it fit the soundproofing bulkhead and underbonnet mats from the diesel as these help quieten the interior from the engine noise.

        The van floor is a source of road noise so felt and plywood floor (with carpet on top if you can) make it a fair bit quieter. The panels drum so you can fit extra deadening to them too. It is never going to be a quiet car, but the difference between my old campervan and my "new" van was staggering when driven just down to the sound proofing, (hence the focus on making the new van build even better).
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

        Comment


        • #5
          It has got some sound proofing (it is a diesel), but its so loud even at 10mph that it makes a radio useless.
          It also has ply lined floor, but I plan to take that up to check the floor for rot.
          I will cover it again after though.
          Neil
          90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
          94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
          01 MG ZS 180
          97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
          16' BMW 330d M Sport
          14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
          57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

          Comment


          • #6
            Get some carpet underlay (felt is good but foam rubber works too -not the waffle type) and place this between the metal floor and the ply floor. This will help insulate it from the noise source. You can also try deadening the floor as I have done with some flashband type material. When the weather warms up I'll be doing more on the interior of my van with any luck so I'll try and keep the thread up to date with what I've done.
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks. I guess underlay can be used under the main carpet too (which mine doesnt have!!) ?
              Neil
              90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
              94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
              01 MG ZS 180
              97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
              16' BMW 330d M Sport
              14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
              57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

              Comment


              • #8
                There should be felt pads in the footwells I think as standard.
                www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                Comment

                Working...
                X