Replicating Old Number Plates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replicating Old Number Plates.

Wish to get fresh number plates but in the retro font etc for my MG Metro as they are grotty & also for my MG Montego as I have put a private plate on it.

Does anyone have a photo of a 1990 Rover Group car bought from HARTWELLS in Oxford around 1990 as the plates I have on my Montego only have the BSAU number? Perhaps mine are original & they just didn't but any script on the plates?

I have added a photo of the back of the original tax disc holder for a possible reference.
    Speaking of tax discs who replicates these?
    Attached Files

Hi Andy, DMB Graphics Ltd. of Ledbury do what they call a dealer set comprising a Tax disc holder, window sticker and number plate. You supply the artwork.

DMB Graphics Ltd <sales@dmb.uk.com>

Comment

Thanks, that is who I have been dealing with, just need to find some font on the original style plates.

Comment

I have a similar issue with finding an image of an original rear windscreen sticker for the dealership Harris Motors of Wells, from 1988 - 1990, which I can then ask DMB Graphics to reproduce. No joy so far, despite putting out plenty of pleas.

Comment

Repro numberplates etc.

Yes this is a problem for me too - my Maestro was supplied new by Charles Clark in Liverpool. I don't know if Hartwell Charles Clark was the correct one for a 1989 registered/supplied car, but have bought one of the repro window stickers from eBay which classik-mini-partz are selling.

Where do you find period branded dealer stuff from? Presumably British Motor Heritage at Gaydon don't have such things?

Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X