Test pilot wanted - Anti-roll bar links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test pilot wanted - Anti-roll bar links

I've got a pair of anti-roll bar links remade as I've mentioned previously.

I need someone to test them as I've not got a maestro/montego on the road. They need testing before they can be offered to the general public.

Any volunteers? I can assist with fitting if you are willing to come to me (near Scunthorpe).
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

i can test them for you, if you don't find anybody closer to you, wouldn't mind ordering a pair too
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

Don't worry once they are proven/refined then they'll be available in a group buy as done previously. I have a couple of people interested in testing them. I really need someone who uses their car a lot to get some miles on them!

Comment

Obviously a Diesel would be best, as the heavy engine and thicker ARB will put the strain up. I just removed the Diesel-ARB I had on my 1300, as it did break yet another mount and the 2nd mount did not survive the removal

Alexander
        http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

ARB thicker on diesel models?

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Yep. I had the same discussion last night. The van diesel is thicker than the turbo from when I measured them eons ago.

Comment

Another upgrade to add to the list.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Are you sure the diesel is thicker Dan? My van looks the same as an EFi
                Incidentally I've had a mk3 golf link on the van for the last year. Has anyone else had any success with these?

Comment

I run mk2 golf links but had to weld a sleeve on each end of the arb to match the bush diameter

Comment

are the mk2 golf ones similar. the mk3 ones are about half the legnth of the maestro ones and the bolt diameter is about 8mm
                    If they work on your rally car they should be fine on my van. My MOT man thinks they are ok

Comment

Lhttp://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-MEYL...018?nav=SEARCH

They are what I used. So it seems mk2 and mk3 use the same parts. An alternative to sleeving the arb is to source bushes of the correct dimensions. I just made them work as I can weld.

And they have taken lots of abuse. Probably 8 rallys including a heavy crash which bent the wishbone but didn't break the link.

I used poly bushes in then though as I found the standard rubber too soft. The arb would stretch the bush out of shape

Comment

Hi,

I have a Maestro 700 diesel van and do a fair amount of miles and as it would happen one of my Anti-roll bar links has just snapped in the usual way.

Cant seem to find anywhere to buy any. and according the the epc they are the same across all models. I did try to get one of a scrap van but the bold just sheered off on that too.
                        SO i am more than willing to try these out.

Comment

Mines a 700, I made a small sleeve out of some tube and cut and flared it to make it tight.

Comment

Working...
                          X