I have recently been in touch with a gentlemen in Southend who is looking to sell a 1986 Austin Montego 1.6HL in silver leaf. The vehicle is in exceptional condition and is the only one in this lovely colour that I have seen for years. The car I am told had one elderly owner for most of its life and has covered a mere 58000 miles. The does not currently have an MOT. I was interested in this car for my own collection but have since had my fingers burnt at home reminding me that I have too many already!! I'm seriously gutted about that, especially since receiving the pictures but you can't win them all. I am very keen for this car to be re-homed to an enthusiast. Should anybody be interested, please PM or e-mail me and I will put you in touch with the seller.
Thanks
Thanks

Hope it goes to an enthusiast and get's looked after.

It was due to be scrapped next week due to lack of interest and I simply wouldn't hear of it so I raced down to Southend today to save it from the clutches of the crusher. It really is the most pristine machine I have seen in years and puts all my other cars to shame. There isn't a spec of rust anywhere on the whole car and the engine and interior are literally like brand new! Job done.
Comment