Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MG montego turbo 4 sale on e-bay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Ed strikes again!

    Fancy writing an article for Monstro about your compulsive desire for Montegos? It would be one good story! If only the rest of us could buy cars at the rate you do...

    Back to dreaming about a big empty barn to fill with cars again... :laugh:

    The last two Targa Red Montegos I had the pleasure(?) of looking at were not good in the bodywork department (Something about that colour perhaps? :laugh: ) I hope that one is better!

    Should I say congratulations on another purchase, or not?

    Comment


    • #17
      Sure Rich, thats a good idea, although I'm sure it would be a rather boring story! :laugh:

      Heres a better shot of the new beast, as you can see, apart from needing a new set of rear arches, its not all doom and gloom...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Montyboy; 14th February 2005, 23:01.
      1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

      MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Montyboy
        I wouldn't worry Rich, that car certainly will live again....
        You realy cant have bought another one lol there must be a medical term for your compultion to by every montogo for sale. How many is this then and where do you store them all, have you got the biggest garrage in the world, ittle be a BL museum soon.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        Rover 218 VVC Coupe
        MG TF
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon WRX

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Andy
          You realy cant have bought another one lol there must be a medical term for your compultion to by every montogo for sale. How many is this then and where do you store them all, have you got the biggest garrage in the world, ittle be a BL museum soon.
          Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I have a very bad case of Montegitus, but I have done since I was 15 and it hasn't got any better with age!

          If I remember correctly, this will be Montego number 19 since 1996. I remember every single one and have pictures of most of them.

          Fortunately I live in the countryside and have access to an old farm that I am able to store these gems on. It currently houses the Time Warp Maestro, Time Warp Montego, MG Maestro #33 and my white Monty Turbo. All of which are being worked on to bring them to their former glory. I'm thinking about putting up an Austin Rover dealer flag at the gates! :laugh:
          1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

          MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

          Comment


          • #20
            Ed,

            me thinks that you will be needing to visit mal's monty emproium of spares!




            After all, i think we must have at least 10 Monty's between us !


            Mal.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by MG MAL
              Ed,

              me thinks that you will be needing to visit mal's monty emproium of spares!




              After all, i think we must have at least 10 Monty's between us !


              Mal.
              Oh yes, I would love to have a rummage, and us Monty owners must stick together! I currently have two caravans stacked full of parts. Mostly bodypanels but also lots of interior, wheels, cylinder heads etc etc.
              1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

              MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

              Comment


              • #22
                Don't forget John McFeely who officially owns 50% of the remaining MG Montego Turbos on the road :laugh: Perhaps you should all look at organising a joint display.
                Regards
                John Orrell

                MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Montyboy
                  By the way... LOVING the number plate! :laugh:
                  My MG Montego was 'C666 GKK'... and there was another one locally that I suspect came from the same dealers around that time, that also started 'C666', and was also silver.

                  Mine at least, has long gone to the great scrapyard in the sky.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    C666 MNU Lives after a 9 year slumber...

                    Warning, big pics!

                    Last Saturday, I borrowed a trailer and hooked up my recently finished Countryman and set off for Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire to collect "the devil". A 14 hour trip but well worth it! As far as I can tell so far, it requires no welding for MOT!

                    I may have lost the space for much of my fleet but this one is a keeper!




                    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      .......And I thought I had a Montego problem!!!!

                      I'm still after an early 1.3, and wouldn't mind a Turbo myself.... but I haven't got the space
                      Neil
                      90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                      94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                      01 MG ZS 180
                      97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                      16' BMW 330d M Sport
                      14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                      57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Ed strikes again! At this rate he will end up owning every Monty in the Uk..lol

                        Graham

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by monty_estates
                          .......And I thought I had a Montego problem!!!!

                          I'm still after an early 1.3, and wouldn't mind a Turbo myself.... but I haven't got the space
                          Blimey, thats an impressive range of Montys in your signature! I used to have a GTi Estate, and it rocked!

                          Yes, I do have a monty problem but I've given up trying to control it now! :laugh:

                          I hope to have this Turbo on the road very soon. The body is solid (the filler is just smoothing where surface rust has been removed but it will get a pair of new rear arches anyway. It has the early Marle Deco interior and was registered 1st August 1985 which makes it a very early Turbo survivor.
                          1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                          MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            The countryman looks good ed bit of a project for the new turbo!! What condition are your other monty turbos in? any pics of them?? as Im thinking about getting oneand havent seen any!how much do they sell for??

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by passionwagon
                              The countryman looks good ed bit of a project for the new turbo!! What condition are your other monty turbos in? any pics of them?? as Im thinking about getting oneand havent seen any!how much do they sell for??
                              Thanks, I have spent far too much on the Countryman really. The only original panel on the car is the passenger rear door and the front bumper!! Everything else was replaced with brand new panels (drivers rear door, tailgate, rear arches, rear bumper, bonnet and front wings) and mint second hand items (both front doors). I've also done the headgasket, waterpump, all the belts, changed the headlining for a mint one and the front seats. I have also upgraded the cheap plastic interior door pulls for MG Monty style ones, a very worthwhile mod.

                              The Turbo needs fresh Targa red paint and a pair of rear arches. Nowhere near as involved as the Countryman was.

                              My third Monty Turbo will not be picked up until next weekend but heres a pic of "The Great White", currently under full restoration. This will be a stunning car when its finished... I had my first welding lesson last night so hopefully completion will come a lot quicker than planned. Monty Turbos can still be found if you know where to look but prices vary and because they are probably rarer than Maestro Turbos now, you may have to pay over 4 figures for a VGC example. Resto projects can still be had for much less.

                              1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                              MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                "The geat white" looks well nice whats left to do on that?? Is that the one u will be driving around in?I wouldnt know which one to pick??So when they are all done up what are u going to do with them all? keep them? sell them?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X