Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MG montego turbo 4 sale on e-bay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by passionwagon
    "The geat white" looks well nice whats left to do on that?? Is that the one u will be driving around in?I wouldnt know which one to pick??So when they are all done up what are u going to do with them all? keep them? sell them?
    The Great White looks nice on the surface, but underneath is a different story. I am the second owner of the car and its previous owner was a bodyshop in Dorset who had it from new. It would appear that they spent a lot of time caring for the visable bodywork but very little underneath! Its needs extensive welding in the usual places, sills, inner arches etc, but it has a mint interior and goes like absolute stink! Hoping to have the car welded up for the summer.

    The only full time car I will drive will be the Countryman as its the best all-rounder. The Turbos are play things really. Out of all my fleet, I am keeping my silver Monty HL, great white and C666 "the devil", as sadly I am being forced to cut down the numbers.

    I just can't wait to get one of the Turbos on the road... vroooooooom, tuuuuuusshhhhhhh! vrooooooooooooom, tuuuuuuuuusssssssshhhh! :laugh:
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

    Comment


    • #32
      I love turbos as well I miss my escort rs turbo u get such a buzz when the turbo spools up and you get pinned back in your seat,of course u have to have a dump valve as well.if u decide 2 sell one of your turbos can u give me 1st refusall??also are u going 2 be putting pics up of the trio (3 turbo s) getting restored to their former glory so they can go back to terrorising the tar-mac ??

      ps: whats a monty hl??

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by passionwagon
        I love turbos as well I miss my escort rs turbo u get such a buzz when the turbo spools up and you get pinned back in your seat,of course u have to have a dump valve as well.if u decide 2 sell one of your turbos can u give me 1st refusall??also are u going 2 be putting pics up of the trio (3 turbo s) getting restored to their former glory so they can go back to terrorising the tar-mac ??

        ps: whats a monty hl??
        I will certainly be getting photos of the ballistic trio together at some point!

        Click here for my HL monty...

        http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2581
        1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

        MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Montyboy
          Blimey, thats an impressive range of Montys in your signature! I used to have a GTi Estate, and it rocked!
          I think my GTi may have been in a back issue of Monstro some years ago, it was in an article about cape to cape challenge 2000. It had MG badges and fully colour coded MG bumpers.
          It has been standing for some time now. also has 16" MGF alloys, lowered and st.stl exhaust system..... was an excelent track car.
          My 1.6L features on the home page, where theres a picture of a group of Montys and Maestros, mine is the 2 tone white monty. It was taken at the BMC/BL rally in Peterbourogh a few years back (nearly 4 years infact).
          Attached is a pic of my 2.0LXi Estate......35k miles, one previous owner...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by monty_estates; 1st March 2005, 15:54.
          Neil
          90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
          94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
          01 MG ZS 180
          97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
          16' BMW 330d M Sport
          14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
          57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by monty_estates
            I think my GTi may have been in a back issue of Monstro some years ago, it was in an article about cape to cape challenge 2000. It had MG badges and fully colour coded MG bumpers.
            It has been standing for some time now. also has 16" MGF alloys, lowered and st.stl exhaust system..... was an excelent track car.
            I remember your car. I read about it and saw it at MG M one year. Nice car!
            1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

            MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

            Comment


            • #36
              Unfortunatly its been layed up too long now..... not sure it will ever live again.
              Neil
              90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
              94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
              01 MG ZS 180
              97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
              16' BMW 330d M Sport
              14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
              57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by monty_estates
                Unfortunatly its been layed up too long now..... not sure it will ever live again.
                It must! I remember drooling over that car! lol
                1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                Comment


                • #38
                  Unfortunatly it needs a lot of work.... where did you get your body repairs done?

                  Last time I looked it needed:

                  - Rear section of roof rusty, needs new bit
                  - Both sill replacing
                  - Both rear arches replacing
                  - Tailgate
                  - All doors
                  - Head lining

                  And now probably alot more. Where are you in Suffolk, can't be too far from me. I'm in Herts.
                  Neil
                  90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                  94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                  01 MG ZS 180
                  97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                  16' BMW 330d M Sport
                  14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                  57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by monty_estates
                    Unfortunatly it needs a lot of work.... where did you get your body repairs done?

                    Last time I looked it needed:

                    - Rear section of roof rusty, needs new bit
                    - Both sill replacing
                    - Both rear arches replacing
                    - Tailgate
                    - All doors
                    - Head lining

                    And now probably alot more. Where are you in Suffolk, can't be too far from me. I'm in Herts.
                    Thats sad, it was so hot when I last saw it. I got my Countryman bodywork done at GKAutoworks . Gareth who owns it is based in Suffolk so not too far from me. I hover between Ipswich and Manningtree. I have cars stored in both.
                    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Whats the pricing like?

                      the 1.6L is near perfect, just needs 2 arches to be perfect.
                      The LXi just needs a little hole reparing on the nearside joint from sill to arch.
                      Neil
                      90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                      94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                      01 MG ZS 180
                      97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                      16' BMW 330d M Sport
                      14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                      57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by monty_estates
                        Whats the pricing like?

                        the 1.6L is near perfect, just needs 2 arches to be perfect.
                        The LXi just needs a little hole reparing on the nearside joint from sill to arch.
                        Very reasonable prices and you will not get the care and attention to detail from any other restoration company. My Countrymans rear arches were offensive when I first got it. A spell with GK and you would never believe they weren't the originals... absolutely flawless, and no, he's not paying me to say that! I can put you in touch if you like?
                        1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                        MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I found an email address for him on a google search (was in an AutoExpress article about Chinesse Maestros). But if you are able to give me any other details that would be good.

                          The idea of scrapping the GTi is not totally bad news, I can use some items on the LXi (i.e, PAS), and at least it will die in good hands so to speak.

                          I have some other mods I want to do on the LXi which could be done at same time as hole in sill (fit VDP bumper with head lamp washers, plus MG front airdam), colour code rubbing stripes, Silver roof rails from VDP.....the list goes on
                          Neil
                          90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                          94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                          01 MG ZS 180
                          97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                          16' BMW 330d M Sport
                          14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                          57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I think there is also a link for him in the recommended links and traders section. We, (me and Skatiechik), had some touching up done on the VDP by him and posted some pics up of the work. I'd happily go back there and probably will in future.
                            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              The paintwork and rear arches for this new red Turbo will be sent to GK. As I'm currently being taught how to weld, I should be able to do some of the less visable work myself now.
                              1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                              MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X