Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joining forces to get storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joining forces to get storage

    Seeing as a few poeple on here have problems with car storage, anyone thought about joining forces to rent some storage.

    I think Nissin huts can be got relatively cheap in the East Anglia area...... I have 4 cars on my drive now, so no room for a much needed Trailer.
    Neil
    90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
    94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
    01 MG ZS 180
    97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
    16' BMW 330d M Sport
    14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
    57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

  • #2
    For some time now I've been thinking about trying to rent a unit of some kind or just something undercover to store my cars. Especially now as I am extremely stressed out about having to rehome some of my fleet due to loss of space. I wonder what we'd be looking at financially to hire a lockup/work shop unit of some kind...
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

    Comment


    • #3
      Probably worth finding out.
      I am in the same situation (or could be). My 1.6L is in a council garage in Chesterfield oposite my mother-in-laws house, at £30 a year its cheap, but also being made of corigated iron, not too safe.
      My 2.0LXi is in her garage, but since my father-in-law left her 2 years ago, you can never be too sure how long she will keep the house.
      My nan (next door to me) holds the GTi, but its outside.

      That leaves me with the 218, 416 and our 2 daily drivers to keep in the drive (again outside). The race car is curretly without a shell at the joint owners house.
      Neil
      90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
      94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
      01 MG ZS 180
      97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
      16' BMW 330d M Sport
      14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
      57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by monty_estates
        Seeing as a few poeple on here have problems with car storage, anyone thought about joining forces to rent some storage.

        I think Nissin huts can be got relatively cheap in the East Anglia area...... I have 4 cars on my drive now, so no room for a much needed Trailer.

        With all the cars that we own between us,we should approach the owners of the Millenium Doom,we'd fit them all in there and they'd probably be glad of the income,even if it was £10 per week!

        Seriously though,i'd be interested in sharing storage,if the price was right.I don't think around here would be any good,it'd probably cost as much as the 'Doom' cost to build!
        NATIONAL Power!

        Comment

        Working...
        X