Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maestro in a skip at the Haverhill Vauxhall - can you give it a home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro in a skip at the Haverhill Vauxhall - can you give it a home?

Some of you may have seen this story - https://www.motoringresearch.com/car...rappage-scheme

I have been in touch with James Seagar from Haverhill Vauxhall who has firstly asked me to pass his apologies on to anyone who has been offended by this stunt. It was not his intention to offend and he is very sorry.

Secondly, he has asked the Maestro & Montego Owners Club to help to find the Maestro a new home. It will be free of charge to anyone who would like it, either to put it back on the road, or to break and use the spares to keep other Maestros going. It's available from 18th December and will be lifted as carefully as possible out of the skip, if someone is going to take it. Please note, it is poor condition, some of the floor is rotten as is the interior, it has no keys and no V5C. However, it's engine does turnover. Obviously it would need to be trailered away.

While I think it only has the slimest of changes of getting back on the road, it would be good if parts from it could be used to keep other Maestros or other BLARG cars going.

If you are interested in taking this Maestro, please can you either email me at chairman@maestro.org.uk or call me on 07929 868284.

Thanks,

Tanya

Well that was quick! It looks like the Maestro has found a new home and we have someone in reserve if that ones doesn't work out.

Thank you very much everyone

Comment

Great news! Can't wait to see what happens with this one. What a success story.
      1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

That maestro will probably be worth more soon that anything on a Vauxhall forecourt! Definitely more reliable.

Ian
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Working...
        X