The Saving of "Skippy" the Maestro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saving of "Skippy" the Maestro

You may have seen on the Facebook group or via other news channels, that an E reg Maestro City X had been used to advertise the scrap page scheme at Vauxhall Haverhill, Suffolk. The Maestro had been rather carelessly, placed in a skip and displayed outside the dealership. After a backlash in the classic motoring press, and within our own circles, the club rallied together and managed to find a new owner for the car. That new owner is Calum, and he has gallantly taken "Skippy" under his wing and plans to one day, return Skippy to the road. Now I'm not going to lie, Skippy needs an awful lot of work, but he appears structurally solid and with some time, care, and most of all money, I think his future is bright.

Skippy was collected today, with the aid of our preferred vehicle transporter Thistle Towing. The spectacle drew quite a crowd. Enjoy some pictures below.

1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Brilliant job - well done to all concerned! Fantastic photos, I love them!

Comment

Hopefully it will be fully restored and we can all see the pictures

Comment

When they get like that, you have to virtually rebuild the entire car to deal with the rust. Don't envy that person. Thinking at the moment with my car (montego) I am going to have to take out all the rear glass to do major rust-proofing.
          LPG Converted Montego 2.0gsi 1991 - are there any others?

Comment

Nice one

Comment

Originally posted by fbm777 View Post
              When they get like that, you have to virtually rebuild the entire car to deal with the rust. Don't envy that person. Thinking at the moment with my car (montego) I am going to have to take out all the rear glass to do major rust-proofing.
              Have to do the same for this tiny bit of rust

Comment

Working...
              X