No announcement yet.

Ledbury Maestro Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity are the springs different for the 700 and 500 vans? If the 700's are stiffer I'd be interested in a pair too if I lower the van at all.

Not sure if the ledburf folks have them but give a call and they'll soon let you know
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I'm not sure if they are different, that's why I stated 700, just in case.

Comment

There was a 2001 Maestro in Classic car weekly, may well have been sold by now though.

Comment

Ho hum.

The choice is a Ledbury Maestro, MG Maestro 2.0i, Maestro Advantage, or Rover 45....
          Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
          VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
          J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by F170 GGT
            Ho hum.

The choice is a Ledbury Maestro, MG Maestro 2.0i, Maestro Advantage, or Rover 45....
            If you're going to be allowed to drive it I'd definitely say Rover 45 although they're subject to heavy depreciation. MG maestro sounds great fun if you're the competitive type on the roads but at least with a Ledbury you won't find any rust.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

What about eBay's current Bargain of the month...

A lovely two-tone Grey Maestro for a starting bid of £10.00

> Click Here <

Lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by RDGelder
                What about eBay's current Bargain of the month...
                A lovely two-tone Grey Maestro for a starting bid of £10.00
                > Click Here <
                Lovely.
                No.

It's four tone btw. :laugh:
                Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Re the 51-regd Maestro in Stirling at the top of this thread. If you look closely its wipers are set up for lhd, so I doubt it's a Ledbury Maestro.

I'd say it's an Apple 2000 Maestro, these came as rhd cars but with lhd wipers and Mirrors (which makes driving in close quarters, errm, interesting). The bits are easily swapped over though...

Just a thought...
                  Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                  "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                  "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                  "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Whats an APPLE 2000 maestro then?
                    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Who knows, I'm making it up. As ever.

Seriously, a mate has got one of a batch sold from a garage called 'Apple 2000' in Culford, just north of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk (the garage isn't trading as Apple 2000 any more). They came as rhd but, as above, with lhd wipers and mirrors for (if memory serves) £4500 with 1 year 'standard warranty' or £5000 with 3 year warranty, in basic colours (my mates Maestro is black, but also blue and red I think). They were 1996 built and, we *think*, stored at Cowley for several years (pending export to Bulgaria etc? which fell through), and are N-registered to reflect their build date, unlike the Ledbury cars which are later-registered according to when they were finished at Ledbury?). My mate's Apple 2000 car came with 12 months MoT in June 2000... It seems to be to the same spec as the Ledbury Maestros, but my mates came with a good 4-speaker sound system fitted by Apple 2000. The paintwork isn't of a very good finish and chips easily, and the door bottoms started corroding quite quickly so corrosion resistance isn't brilliant either...

If anyone else knows anything, please let me know. These cars seem to be unknown, certainly compared to the Ledbury cars.

And yes, I was joking about making this up - these are true facts.:laugh:
                      Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                      "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                      "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                      "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

They were advertised in "The Times" in 2000 as the cheapest new car in the country - i seem to remember £4500 too. They were cars that had been sent to Bulgaria, built and then brought back after not selling(?).... i think.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X