X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG in Ads

I'm thinking of going to see this tomorrow down in Basingstoke
    http://www.maestro.org.uk/pp_class/s...1&cat=2&page=1
    which is quite a way for me. Is anyone familiar with the car? Apparently it is standard apart from being lowered, the seller advised me to replace the springs with original size - any reason for this? I guess I will have to tell the insurance before I drive it home. I've found lots of useful tips on this site on what to look for, which is what I should have done first time round. What's the definitive way to check for head gasket type problems?

Thanks, Richard

This used to be my car. I sold it with around 40-50 thousand miles on the clock. The current owner is a really good bloke. During my ownership I took off all the front panels and painted inside surfaces with Hammerite and saturated everything with Waxoyl, so the car remained totally rust free. The lowering kit was from Motobuild. If I didn't have my Turbo now I'd be tempted to buy it back - it still looks in good order and Atlantic Blue is a nice rare colour!
    Phil

Comment

I looked at it a couple of weeks ago and it needs work doing to it, its not a bad car but it wasn't what I was expecting so I'll try to be honest and put down what I remember

Front O/S wing needs replacing as arch has gone
      Both O/S doors are shot along the bottom and top edge
      Boot lid has gone
      Rear boot floor has seperated from the rear panel
      Rear O/S arch
      Driver seat sags
      Exhaust is sat on front arb
      Engine sounded nice though

Comment

That's a shame - although it's probably to be expected if the car has been used as everyday transport for the last few years. It was pampered when I had it - only used in the summer and kept in a garage.

Comment

Working...
        X