Youngest Maestro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youngest Maestro

We've had the oldest maestro question, how about the youngest.

I know the Ledburys can be very recent but I am more interested in the normal ones, especially as my wifes new one is a '94, anyone know what the last vin number was?

The chassis number of the last Maestro made (A Clubman 2.0TD) is SAXXCHWJ7AM71121

Comment

That was a quick response! Where do you get your info from?

Comment

*passes Rich his anorack and trainspotting book*
        Last edited by ChrisM; 28th May 2006, 08:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover
          The chassis number of the last Maestro made (A Clubman 2.0TD) is SAXXCHWJ7AM71121
          Is that number correct, there appears to be a digit mising from the chassis number as there is normally 6 digits.

My Maestro clubman 2.0TD is SAXXCHWJ7AM 702905

Does anyone have anything more recent?

Comment

Yes, there's a digit missing. The chassis number will always have 17 (seventeen) characters [the last 6 (six) will always be numbers].

I'll see if I can dig out the relevant Monstro, I am sure the number is in there somewhere... unless someone beats me to it :laugh: .
            Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
            "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
            "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
            "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM
              *passes Rich his anorack and transpotting book*

Whats transpotting Chris? Or daren't I ask?

Comment

oops, that ought to have been trainspotting...

Comment

Originally posted by e692wtt
                  Yes, there's a digit missing. The chassis number will always have 17 (seventeen) characters [the last 6 (six) will always be numbers].

I'll see if I can dig out the relevant Monstro, I am sure the number is in there somewhere... unless someone beats me to it :laugh: .

I just found this, unfortunately still missing that digit!

28 May 2006
                  The Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, Warwickshire
                  Sale 14427 - Best of British Festival - British Motor Cars and Commercial Vehicles,

Lot No: 45
                  15 miles recorded
                  1995 Rover Maestro D Clubman
                  Registration no. M439 NOA
                  Chassis no. SAXXCHWJ7AM71121
                  Engine no. 8830401U686212Y

Sold for £3,000 plus Premium and tax

The last Maestro off the production line, ‘M439 NOA’ has the 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine. The car was bought by the current owner at Bonhams’ Sale at BMIHT, Gaydon on 29th June 2003 (Lot 17) since when it has been kept in storage. Having covered delivery mileage only, the vehicle is effectively in ‘as new’ condition.

I was at the sale in 2003, the seller appears to have taken a big loss as it cost him £7475.

Here is the link to Bonhams Website:

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/publi...264895-2-1.jpg

The photo in the above link appears to still show that the front bumper is pushed back into the bodywork on the near side as it was 3 years ago. At this time the car still had its original factory paperwork attached to the inside of the windscreen, this is no longer present. Unfortunately this car had also suffered a number of other knocks and scrapes during storage when I saw it in 2003.

I have also found the details from the 2003 auction:

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/publi...10217-16-1.jpg

Ian

Comment

It is so similar to mine except for mine has a few extra dents and an extra
                    92'000 miles!

Comment

youngest maestro/montego

thats looks really nice but talking about the yougest maestro what about the youngest montego.

Comment

Steve Smith has the youngest montego (from what I remember)

Comment

Originally posted by gothbob84
                          Steve Smith has the youngest montego (from what I remember)
                          There was the ex-RAF Montego (with the very odd rear passenger seat lights), is that the one Steve Smith owned? That particular car went to Scotland, if memory serves (if it doesn't, it didn't :laugh: ).

There are some P-reg Montego saloons knocking around, all purchased by the RAF but never used in service then sold as new cars in 1996 (the P-registration is inaccurate, as they were manufactured in 1994 but put in storage - so should be M-reg? ).

The newest/last Montego saloon off the production line is in the BMIHT museum at Gaydon.
                          Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                          "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                          "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                          "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

my own car

could someone tell me how many montegos were made after the one i had (
                            m 804fnv) as far as i know from a rover dealer i was told that it was one of the last 100 to be made (but i dont beliefe them because of info i recently found which was one of the last 8000 to be made.
                            i also have had many more m reg montego but cant remember the reg plate. i aslo know of many other m reg montegos with the reg fnv.

Comment

See to me, that 3K Maestro, would be a fabulous NEW car. Where else could you buy a brand new 2.0 TD for less than 10K?

Comment

Working...
                              X