Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montego update

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Montego update

    Hi All,

    Its been a while since i've been on here, guess alot of new faces too.
    I've been doing a few Montego things lately....

    Firstly, my white 1.6L (its the one in the group picture on the main page of the website), its been in storage for over 3 years, but due to the garage land being sold, I had to move it last week...... it started and ran without any coughing or splutters. Needs a bit of work, but will look nice again soon.

    I had to sell the old Cape to Cape Montego (MG) GTi Estate, it had rusted away being left outside uncovered.

    My other Monty Estate, a 1993 2.0LXi with 34k miles will also be back on the road soon, just needs an MOT, but will be getting a few choice mods..... VPD roof rails, wood door trim, Countyman front bumper with headlamp washers and PAS.

    I'd still love to own a few other Montego's, a 1.3, 2.0TD Estate, an Early MG Turbo, and a 2.0Si, but space is not on my side, especially as our non-BL list includes my Race support Citroen Van, a Primera GT, a BMW 320d and a 330d Touring....... but let me know if you know of any going, especially a 1.3.
    Neil
    90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
    94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
    01 MG ZS 180
    97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
    16' BMW 330d M Sport
    14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
    57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

  • #2
    I'd recommend the 1.3 Monty, they're amazing They do crop up from time to time, I picked mine up a few months ago from an old lady in Leeds - keep cheking the classifieds and the bay of E...

    Comment


    • #3
      As it happens, I do know of a Montego for sale - details as follows:

      -------------------------

      July 1994 ex-military police Rover Montego 2.0 DLX in Diamond White.
      Good home essential - £100 will make into show-car quality so must go to genuine Montego enthusiast.
      One owner since sold by the MOD in 1996.
      Power steering fitted. All usual electrical options.
      105,000 genuine miles only.
      All MOTs from new.
      Only ten miles since last MOT (now expired).
      To be sold with or without new MOT.
      Never been pranged.
      No sunroof fitted so high headroom and no leaks/wind noise.
      Brand new battery.
      Run on Mobil One fully-synthetic engine oil (diesel grade) since acquired in 1996 up to last service.
      New cambelt fitted at 90,000 miles.
      Fully and regularly rust-proofed with "Supertrol".
      ENTIRE BODYSHELL INCLUDING REAR ARCHES, BONNET, BOOTLID, AND THREE DOORS ENTIRELY FREE FROM PERFORATION. ONLY PERFORATION ON ENTIRE CAR IS A MILD 3" STRIP ON BOTTOM OF N/S/F DOOR.
      Good tyres (all same premium brand).
      Free from mechanical faults. Recent electrical gremlin on electric windows that did not exist prior to being placed in storage five years ago.
      Toolkit and spare as new.
      Standard Rover issue radio-cassette.
      Future show winner in the right pair of hands.
      Offers around £200 as is or over £400 with 12 months' MOT.

      ------------

      Send me an email or PM if interested and I'll let you know contact details. I'll also post in the cars for sale forum for people not reading this thread.
      A closed mouth gathers no foot

      Maestro Vanden Plas
      Maestro Camper Van
      Maestro 1.3L
      Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Neil, glad to see you're still around.

        I don't think we've seen you since... BL Day 2001 when the photo on the main page was taken! All but a few of the other cars in that photo have either been scrapped or moved on now.
        Jonathan Sellars

        1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
        2011 Jaguar XJ

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Neil,

          I think I have seen pictures of your white 1.6L a few years or so ago. It looked impressive. Your Cape to Cape adventures made for interesting reading...

          Jon: Maybe you need to think about creating a new picture arrangement of cars from that slightly airborn angle?

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Jon,

            Yes, I think BL 2001 was the last time I was out with a Montego, although I saw you at the MGR rally (Gaydon > Longbridge) run last year, I was in the 218iS then.

            I have been speaking to Roger Parker (guess you know him?) about a K-series conversion on my LXi Estate.... could make a nice car!!
            Neil
            90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
            94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
            01 MG ZS 180
            97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
            16' BMW 330d M Sport
            14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
            57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Neil,

              Good to hear you are well, How is the racing going...?

              All the best,

              AL

              (Dave Smiths son)
              *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
              Follow me at
              FourNineSix

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Alex,

                I'm ok, got a 2nd in class at Cadwell, although partly down to Class B leader being knocked off on the last lap.

                Hopefully taking the 216 to Daytona, Florida next November with the TinTops..... 4 days racing!!
                Neil
                90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                01 MG ZS 180
                97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                16' BMW 330d M Sport
                14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oooh.. Florida! I wonder if I could persuade Chris to bring the 1600 out in the TinTops again..
                  A closed mouth gathers no foot

                  Maestro Vanden Plas
                  Maestro Camper Van
                  Maestro 1.3L
                  Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by monty_estates
                    Hi Alex,

                    I'm ok, got a 2nd in class at Cadwell, although partly down to Class B leader being knocked off on the last lap.

                    Hopefully taking the 216 to Daytona, Florida next November with the TinTops..... 4 days racing!!
                    Well done on the Result....

                    Daytona sounds like good fun, Good luck with it,
                    *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
                    Follow me at
                    FourNineSix

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X