Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Ex-Military Police Montego

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by CountrymanKid
    Wow thats looks wicked! and not a piece of "Orange-Peel" (rust) lol

    BTW are those rear reading lights standard on late saloons, or were they an option?
    Well its not totally mint, there are a few sprinkles of minor surface rust to attend to but nothing major.

    The rear reading lights are an MOD fitment, not a Rover fitment. Rather odd aren't they! :laugh:

    Just so you all know, L655 failed her MOT today on a rear wheel bearing and weak hand break so nothing too major considering she has been off the road since 2002. I'll get this work done over the weekend, then she'll be back in for retest.
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

    Comment


    • #17
      Ed,
      Something I noticed when I looked at it was the small amounts of rust at the bottom corners of the rear screen. Just check inside the boot at the underside as on the offside it seemed to be rusty on the inside too, and you may want to attend to this.

      Tomorrow I finally get a Monty that I have always wanted..... a 1.3... and further more, it already has updates that I would have done myself... a Rev Counter and 5 sped box....
      Neil
      90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
      94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
      01 MG ZS 180
      97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
      16' BMW 330d M Sport
      14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
      57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by monty_estates
        Tomorrow I finally get a Monty that I have always wanted..... a 1.3... and further more, it already has updates that I would have done myself... a Rev Counter and 5 sped box....
        The 5 speed box was there from new, someone had the foresight to select it from the very small options list.

        ...and for the sake of one extra wire, it would have been rude not to have a rev counter!

        Ed: Re: rust around the rear screen, you don't need me to tell you its a pain if they start rotting here...hopefully it will only be light scabbing that can be attended to easily. Going off the rest of the car that is hopefully the case.

        Comment


        • #19
          I thought that might have been the case...... I'm looking forward to getting the paint all one shade. Looks like my mechanic will be busy, i've just taken on a 19 year old Nissan Sunny..... Laugh you may, but my nan bought it new in 1987, then it was sold to her long term lodger on 2002.
          I'm restoring it now, but feel its worth while as it was a rare 1.6 SGX model with PAS, electric everything, and nice trim. It was an Auto, but a manual box is going in from an SGX donar car i found on eBay!! The paint on this will be done before the Monty, but luckily the lack of rust mean my mechanic mate will respray it in twopack for less than £300

          Next year, when it's 20 I will be taking my nan to Germany in it to see her family, which is were alot of my child hood memories come from in that car....I also lernt to drive in it.... Oh, and I chose the colour wen she first bought it... i was 10.
          Neil
          90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
          94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
          01 MG ZS 180
          97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
          16' BMW 330d M Sport
          14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
          57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

          Comment


          • #20
            R.I.P EX MOD MONTY.

            Comment


            • #21
              Sorry to hear the news AL.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #22
                Jeeeez!! What happened???
                A closed mouth gathers no foot

                Maestro Vanden Plas
                Maestro Camper Van
                Maestro 1.3L
                Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

                Comment


                • #23
                  Someone stole it and burnt it out...
                  Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Yeah.... I'm Really gutted still.... It had full MG turbo Interior, Lowered springs,
                    Stereo new speakers, and my skateboard was in the boot..!!!
                    *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
                    Follow me at
                    FourNineSix

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      ....and a set of my MGF alloys with my old sprint 'wets' on it
                      midget1380@btinternet.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Al,

                        Sorry to hear that... I didn't realize you had bought it.
                        Neil
                        90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                        94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                        01 MG ZS 180
                        97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                        16' BMW 330d M Sport
                        14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                        57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X