Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my Monty 1.3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got my Monty 1.3

    Thanks to Rich, I now have a Montego 1.3!! I picked it up Saturday morning. I can't believe how immaculate the inside is, and hopefully the outside will get done pretty soon too.

    I was surprised at how well it pulled, it easily kept up with motorway traffic, even on the sections of A1 with the roundabouts where you are up and down the gears. It only struggled on long inclines which saw our speed drop below 90!

    Does anyone have a spare gear linkage for a 5speed 1.3? It’s the first VW box'd Monty I've owned, and would like to try and tighten the linkage.
    Neil
    90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
    94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
    01 MG ZS 180
    97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
    16' BMW 330d M Sport
    14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
    57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

  • #2
    Good to here you picked it up ok neil....

    Whats this one going to be used for ?
    *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
    Follow me at
    FourNineSix

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm glad to hear you got back safe Neil.

      I think it is fair to say that the 1.3 Montego punches well above its weight! I too found it to be most caipable on long journeys and at high speeds.

      After driving it for approaching two years, I got used to - and mastered - the 'loose' gearchange. It didn't bother me after a while. I can understand you wanting to do something with it however. I tried once or twice myself, and I think that one or both of the linkage rods are brand new from Ledbury, so adjustments need to be made elsewhere...

      Happy restoration, and happy motoring!

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Rich,

        I can see which link has the most slack, but not sure how to solve it at the moment. Will take a look once the other bits are done.

        Al, Not sure what I shall do with it yet..... do I need a reason?

        It'll be at future shows, and if I transfer the tow bar onto my LXi Estate, then all 3 will probably be there!
        Neil
        90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
        94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
        01 MG ZS 180
        97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
        16' BMW 330d M Sport
        14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
        57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

        Comment


        • #5
          Good luck Neil. Will be a shame to not see TFC around in Bury, but at least he has gone to a good home!

          Comment


          • #6
            How's TFC these days?

            Comment

            Working...
            X