• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh great to know its still being looked after. Thanks for the info

Comment

Mine is missing too does that meen I need a vehicle check number 498
      maestro turbo no 498

Comment

No more than likely it means it just wasn't down as taxed or SORN'd when we made the list.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I'd just like to inform whoever is collecting the data, no.368 G803 OVE was originally G168 BHJ. i discovered this after getting 3 points for driving whilst using a mobile phone. The officer told me that g803 ove was a "cherished plate" and after looking in my "service record" g168bhj is recorded but scribbled out, and g803 ove written underneath. A call to dvla revealed that indeed she has been logged as bhj and ove is a personalised number. The lady also said she bleated that it may have been that it looks like grove. She also was impressed that people like us should be so interested in our cars!

Comment

E_T_V maintains the Maestro Turbo register. It might be worth dropping him a PM just in case E_T_V doesn't see this.
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by Telemedic View Post
              The officer told me that g803 ove was a "cherished plate"
              I very much doubt that G803 OVE is a cherished plate, whatever the officer said to you. It is more likely that your car had a cherished plate at some stage and the plate it is wearing now is an age-related plate that was issued for the car when a previous owner transferred their plate onto a new car. This has happened to several cars that I have owned when I transferred my plate onto new vehicles. The DVLA don't do this anymore though because they now retain and reissue the original plate which is more sensible. However if you look down the list of Maestro Turbos there are a lot of cars with interesting registration history because of this.

E.g. my car: 314 White MAT 99V (4th) G194 EAF (3rd) 5 NCV (2nd) G999OOD (1st)

If I ever transfer MAT 99V onto another car, it will be reissued with G194 EAF because that was the last plate it wore before I had my cherished plate applied. That is unless I apply for and provide evidence for the original plate to be reinstated.

The other alternative is that the original owner transferred G168 BHJ onto a new car, forcing the DVLA to issue the age-related plate. This is what happened to my MG Maestro 1600 when the previous owner moved the original plate onto a new Hyundai.

You can find out for sure what has happened to the registrations on your car by paying a small fee to the DVLA. They will send you copies of all the old V5s, etc.

Comment

I see what you are saying. But she has been g803ove all her life. The other reg was applied from new, then changed on the day of sale. Thats the odd bit. All services and mot's are ove. The only reference to the other reg is on the service record provided by the garage on the day of sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Telemedic View Post
                  I see what you are saying. But she has been g803ove all her life. The other reg was applied from new, then changed on the day of sale. Thats the odd bit. All services and mot's are ove. The only reference to the other reg is on the service record provided by the garage on the day of sale.
                  That will be a mix up of registrations then. Definitely not a cherished plate because the registrations you can pick from new didn't start until 1990 on an H plate and only include certain numbers (initially 1-20, then expanded to include 100s and 111, 222, etc.)

Funnily enough, this once happened to my parents. They bought an ex-demonstrator which had been registered already. Then a few days later the dealer phoned up and said there was a mix-up. The car was returned and they put a new plate on it as the other plate was from another identical car and in fact the ex-demo car hadn't been registered and was registered for the first time for my parents.
                  Last edited by matthewsemple; 4th August 2012, 11:53.

Comment

Likely to be a registration error as above. It isn't that uncommon for cock-ups to be made when registering. I've added a note to the record though as there were no previous indications of its previous ID.
                    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I thought id inlude a pic.

Comment

Note that *HJ is a Chelmsford registration (correct enough seeing that the garage was in Saffron Walden), and *VE is a Cambridge registration. So it's either a very complicated cock-up or the customer specifically asked for G803 OVE, because *VE is in the wrong registration district for the garage where the car was sold.
                        Regards
                        John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Who has no.9 now? F50LWL
                          Former owner Dean has recently put a post up on triple-m wondering how it's doing/surviving.

Mal.

Comment

Last info I have is from Oct 2007 where it was in worcs and the owner has 2 turbos, One is number 9.
                            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I believe no.9 used to reside with (no.3?) one of the press cars in Swansea, press car is now with MGM in Chard.

Comment

i still have number 297 G90vmf curently in storage awaiting motivation

Comment

Working...
                                X