Back in the club!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the club!

After a 6 month maestro break I am now the proud owner of a MG Maestro 2.0 efi.
    it was on ebay listed as a metro, so I managed to get her for £255, 26k miles, 1 month MOT.

Couple of queries....

MG hubcaps... I have 3 , anyone have any spares for sale?

I thought all the MG models were the same trim?...mine doesnt have Alloys, Digital Dash or Electric windows.

Used to have a 1985 MG Maestro efi. It did have alloys, but no digital dash or electric windows either.

Comment

I have 3 MG plastic wheel trims - if you mean the ones to fit over steel wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by philippope
        I have 3 MG plastic wheel trims - if you mean the ones to fit over steel wheels.
        yes, those are the ones!...do you wish to sell them?

Comment

Sounds like you've got a "poverty spec" pre-facelift 2.0i, like mine, with the caps, no power steering, no electric windows, but standard heated mirrors?!?!?!?! The wiring is all there for the electric windows though, the door has the wiring usually just clipped in where the speaker is, and I'm fairly sure the wiring is behind the radio for the control unit. And before anyone has yet another dig at the oft-berated caps: I think they're grrrreat! </tonythetiger>:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky
            Sounds like you've got a "poverty spec" pre-facelift 2.0i, like mine, with the caps, no power steering, no electric windows, but standard heated mirrors?!?!?!?! The wiring is all there for the electric windows though, the door has the wiring usually just clipped in where the speaker is, and I'm fairly sure the wiring is behind the radio for the control unit. And before anyone has yet another dig at the oft-berated caps: I think they're grrrreat! </tonythetiger>:laugh:
            I have electric mirrors (well one of them works!) and power steering.....

but you are right, the caps are great

Comment

PAS was an option - the only option mine had was an upgraded radio, and I think that was just to clear it off of the forecourt, as by the time mine had been sold the facelift 2.0i was out and about... Why can't I ever have cars where the owner went mad on the options list? I'm assuming yours has red seatbelts but grey carpets as well?

Comment

I've just dug the trims out of the garage and rinsed them off - see piccie. The middle one is the best. They all have some scratches on the edge, but I remember using flexible filler and silver paint to good effect back in the 90s to bring them back again. £10 OK? I can bring them to MGSD on Sunday - are you going?
                Phil

Comment

Originally posted by philippope
                  I've just dug the trims out of the garage and rinsed them off - see piccie. The middle one is the best. They all have some scratches on the edge, but I remember using flexible filler and silver paint to good effect back in the 90s to bring them back again. £10 OK? I can bring them to MGSD on Sunday - are you going?
                  Phil
                  yes, I am going (assuming i can still show up and pay on the gate.)

i'll pm you my mobile number....

Comment

I saw your car for sale Looked ok to me. It was this car I was referring to in another thread where I said that Practical Classics recently-reduced valuation of £1200 could even still be a bit optomistic seeing that even cars like yours sell for so little.

Regarding trim-levels, D and E-reg Maestro EFis had, shall we say, varying levels of standard equipment. I've seen some fully kitted-out with alloys, red carpets/belts, PAS and leccy windows whereas my car started out with none of those. It at least now has leccy windows and MG Montego cross-spoke alloys, but various attempts to source all the bits for a PAS conversion have never been fully successful.
                    Regards
                    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV
                      I saw your car for sale Looked ok to me. It was this car I was referring to in another thread where I said that Practical Classics recently-reduced valuation of £1200 could even still be a bit optomistic seeing that even cars like yours sell for so little.

Regarding trim-levels, D and E-reg Maestro EFis had, shall we say, varying levels of standard equipment. I've seen some fully kitted-out with alloys, red carpets/belts, PAS and leccy windows whereas my car started out with none of those. It at least now has leccy windows and MG Montego cross-spoke alloys, but various attempts to source all the bits for a PAS conversion have never been fully successful.
                      im hoping the fact that it was listed incorrectly saved me a few bob, but £1200

Comment

Originally posted by ozzienpg
                        yes, I am going (assuming i can still show up and pay on the gate.)
                        Yes, it is £5 per person on the gate from 10am. Children under 16 are free.
                        Last edited by matthewsemple; 17th July 2008, 18:32.

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV
                          ........., but various attempts to source all the bits for a PAS conversion have never been fully successful.
                          >>> until now ! (I've PM'ed with Stephen and all is OK)
                          midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Working...
                          X