Fear not - Another one saved!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear not - Another one saved!!!

After yet another epic journey down to our favourite place (Doncaster) we are now the proud owners of our second Montego (in 2 weeks). It was agreed that Deans Targa Red 1.3 base Monty was far too good to scrap so we stepped in to save the day We headed down yesterday after sorting out insurance etc and stayed over in the Travel Lodge nearby (unlike the last journey for the gold one which was a 12hr round trip arriving home at 2.30am) We met Dean at around 10am this morning and took ownership of her. Its not without its flaws but all should be easily fixed and she didn't miss a beat on the road to her new home Once I've worked out how to post pics on here I will get some shots of both of them and areas of work. We are heading to our first show in Bo'ness 8th+9th of September then off to Wings and Wheels at East Fortune on 23rd. Will probably be posting a lot over the next few months looking for bits and bobs for both and I know you guys are always happy to help. Really enjoying being part of the club so far and looking forward to eventually meeting some of you at future shows. Hazel n' Ian

Well done, and well done dean for finding a new owner so quickly

Comment

Well done Ian! well saved! knew it would end up being saved.

Im not too far from you and will be up your way soon to collect the number plates from my old car. Would be great to see the cars if your about sometime

Comment

Not a problem Stephen just let us know. To be fair the gold one is Ians and this is going to be my toy to fiddle about with (Hazel) It was my fleeting madness on both counts to travel to Doncaster to pick them up HAHA! Its amazing what a wee PM does of a Saturday morning Glad it was saved after all - according to how many left its one of 3 still on the road. Went from no Montegos to 2 in the space of 2 weeks - Not bad going by anyone's standards. This forum is a bad influence

Comment

great save mate... our lass' dad saw you looking over it - or at least i assume it was you... he was just telling me it looked like a couple had bought it - so I thought I'd look on here to see!

Had a quick look at it myself yesterday (I live round the corner) whilst I was parking my Avenger in the in-laws back drive. It looked in good shape panel wise, not much to do to get it up to a good stndard. the running problems will probably be cured with a bit of playing with the carb? / timing... I saw in here Dean was struggling with the Autochoke when he stripped it down, and if thats not gone back together right then it could be the culprit...

Keep us posted!!

Andy
          CURRENT FLEET:
          1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
          1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
          1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
          2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
          1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Thanks,
            Yeh that would be us!!! Cant get away with anything these days. The body is in reasonable shape, just the usual rusty bits - arches, bottom of rear window, edges of the doors and a few random bits in the middle of panels (presumably chips that were never sorted) but all just surface so easily rectified. Will give her a full service and start from there. Auto choke has been ok so far but will probably check it all over anyway. She will need a bit of tinkering but nothing seems too major and Dean kindly supplied some spare parts (Thanks Dean)

Comment

Excellent stuff, VERY pleased that you have saved this

Comment

All is well that ends well

So glad your happy with the red devil. I am sure you guys will sort it. I had just come to the end of my patience
                will post the gaskets etc on tuesday and if you look in the little brown envelope i think you should find some more o rings kindly given to me by Mark.

Comment

Cool, thanks for that Dean. Happy to help! Managed to enter it along with the gold one and my parents Maestro VP into the show at Bo'ness in a couple of weeks so hoping the rain lays off a bit so I can get in around about it with a good clean at least before I go.

Comment

Working...
                  X