• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maestro van (L513KBL)

well got it now from a young chap called russ in Norfolk,
    heres its first photo on the beach at uphill somerset,

and this it what it looks like now for work to begin

will post other pix as and when work/s are done

you don't waste any time Stoney, inner wings look good. Hope you are happy with it. I'm glad it's gone to a good home

Comment

yeah mate when i striped it on sunday only to find that the rad was weeping in the lower corner, got another rad on monday from a radiator company in wiltshire for wait for it for£15.00, also started knocking some dents out of the rear panel's, front wings and front panel prepared in primer getting ready for a dry fit before painting,

Comment

I seem to be a jinx with rads. I had no idea the one on your van was leaking ,sorry about that. The one on my white van failed the other week because the air inlet pipe rubbed through the rad, which I swapped for the one off the car

Comment

no worries mate glad i found it when i did nothing worse miles form anywhere and outta water!! but its coming along ok now, more parts coming though out the next couple of weeks

Comment

just a rust up date

Comment

rust up date

and theres more and more

up on the A pillar

Comment

im just wondering....... where these vans made of rust, cos its dam hard to find clean metal will up load some more pictures of the battle with rust

Comment

floor cut out for new metal

this is rot from behind front suspension leg

if you look to the bottom you can see rot to the cross member fixing point/chassis
                  Last edited by stoney-13; 5th March 2014, 20:27. Reason: headings

Comment

re van

be pattient and you have a lovely looking van

Comment

Vans always go at the bottom of the turret for some reason. Cars don't usually suffer this. It must be due to the extra weight or perhaps a different person with the seam sealer gun!
                      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

seam sealer..mmmmmm thats the stuff you hide rust with?????

Comment

Working...
                        X