C16 NOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C16 NOS

She finally got a day out at Bedford......

So, OK, modern stuff was passing me on the long straights, but when it came to corners, I was slinging out the anchors at 50 metres (or less !), dropping into 2nd, pointing it where it needed to be and then nailing it and thus passing everyone who had been braking from 150m/100m.

As the number plate says (and its a real assigned plate) I was full of C16 leaded fuel (about 118RON) but just could not find time to finish off the NOS installation. Next time, however, the nitrous will be a plentiful.

Once at speed, the car remains between 4,000 and 6,500rpm and with the MSD ignition was happy to sit on the limiter through the bends in 2nd gear. For a fresh build from bare shell, all I had to do on the day was knock up the nearside coilover platform 1" as the tyre was fouling the arch. The arch is rolled so only minimal damage to the tyre. I did however end the day with a blown flange gasket (exhaust cast manifold to stainless pipe). It's always the £3 part that lets you down. I remember now the stainless exhaust guys telling me they could not get a gasket, so they used the old one...........

One thing that struck me was, with the rear disc brake conversion and the EBC vented/cross drilled discs on Yellow Pads, the car was stopping like it hit a brick wall, throwing me and my passengers towards the screen and actually loosening the harnesses ! She may no have been fast, but damn, she stuck, stopped and handled as good as PalmerSports M3's !

Perry
    Last edited by n2oxide; 28th September 2014, 17:49.

I don't think the pictures you have tried to attached have attached.
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Well done that man!
      Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

well done and a nice set of pictures.oh no pictures.please try again.
        ive not been able to either.but wel done on your very good work on the maestro 1st class.lol

Comment

Working...
        X