Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More than just a polish.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than just a polish.................

A mate of mine brought this across to me in Belgium, it's a polish with some very slight abrasives. Here's a little I did, will be doing the whole car next week

That looks great, is that by hand or machine?
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

That's by hand, here's the whole car done, roof & bonnet done with machine.

Comment

Looks good soulcharger. Remember and put some wax or sealant on it unfortunately it'll fade again as happens with all single stage paint when it's started to go. If you get a wax or sealant it'll protect it for longer. Also remember with your abrasive polish each time you're removing paint so be careful you don't go through it.

If you buy a cheap dual action car polisher as well you'll get the job done on a quarter of the time.

As I said great turnaround and its looking great.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
        Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
        Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

Yes I was warned about effects of cutting, will be keeping a close eye on it. Do have some red polish I'll be using that the next couple of weeks.

Comment

I know I'm only being anal but I do enjoy polishing and waxing my cars and keeping them looking good.

Polish won't protect it you really need a wax or sealant have a google search it'll come up with loads of results about the differences between wax and polish. There's loads of companies do good waxes at decent prices Bilt Hamber are pretty decent both in quality and price. Don't make the mistake of paying a fortune go for one that lasts longest if you get one.

My old Audi the paint on the roof was gone and it kept fading. using a wax at least prolonged it from fading but using a polish alone brought it up well but never lasted.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Is this the stuff ?

Comment

Bilt Hamber do three waxes I've actually got the other two not tried that one. They all get good reviews though and I'd think any of them would be good. I've got a larger tub of this

https://www.bilthamber.com/waxes-pol...bars/finis-wax

which if you want I could transfer some into a smaller tub and send to you to try if you want. I should be able to transfer enough to give your car one coat. I sometimes apply with my fingers so you wouldn't need an applicator just a cloth to buff it off.

I see you're Belgium so I'd just post it cheapest option as I'm not looking for any money for it.

You can PM me your details if you want.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Thanks for offer I'm in UK 1st September, I'm a Brit with family there so I can buy and collect it when I'm there, will give it a go though.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post
                    Thanks for offer I'm in UK 1st September, I'm a Brit with family there so I can buy and collect it when I'm there, will give it a go though.
                    No worries offer is there so that you could try before you buy I'd post wherever you wanted. Wax for cars is a minefield there's literally hundreds out there which is why I try to use a brand I've used other products with and rate and i've never been disappointed with bilt Hamber yet.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Many thanks, read the reviews of Bilt Hamber, they look good, for just a bit more than a tenner well worth a go.

Comment

Working...
                      X