Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What rally homologation did MG Maestro have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What rally homologation did MG Maestro have?

Reference this discussion:

Will '1982 onwards' cars ever be given a 'Historic' class?
    http://www.britishrally.co.uk/forum/...hp?f=5&t=45201

Does anyone know if the either of the following models were homologated into GpN or GpA?:
    MG Maestro 1600 (R-series or S-series)
    MG Maestro 2.0 EFi

I read in a local Motor Club newsletter 10-15 years ago (I no longer have it unfortunately) an account from an MG Maestro rally crew who converted their own car from GpN to GpA rally spec, there wasn't THAT much more that they could do to it (apart from removing the trim and a few bits & pieces).
    Last edited by John C; 18th April 2012, 17:36.

Originally posted by John C View Post
    ........an account from an MG Maestro rally crew who their own car from GpN to GpA spec, ......
    explain please (think you missed summat out?)
    talk to John Dalton about homologation, he has rallied a Maestro at International level as you already know....
    midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

I think one of the reasons nothing major apart from sheding weight was done is down to the fact that nothing was available. When these cars were eligble for group A the restricing factor on tuning was the ecu,s motobuild did a fuel one you could enrich but nthing for the ignition so if ( which they wernt) wild cam were available you couldnt set things up right. Exhausts ,but no manifold, big down pipes and decent filter was your lot ..

Comment

Just been having a look around as I thought I had something and I'm right. I have a copy of the MG Maestro 1600 homologation papers right here. Homo No - A-5176 dated 1st Nov 1983.

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post
          explain please (think you missed summat out?)
          Doh! I have corrected the first post in the thread accordingly...

Comment

Working...
          X