Challenge car info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge car info

Evening all. I purchased the following two cars and am keen to find any info/history about them. I am told they are both ex-challenge cars. Any info would be great. The cars -

Reg - B95 FRD
    Previous registered owner - Michael Gleaves and before him David Tyler

Reg - A515 XMK
    Previous registered owner - Philip Swaby and before him Ian Hayward

Thanks, Josh.

Good finds there Josh. Funny how much just a splitter makes the front end of a maestro. Has the suspension collapsed or were there a few spares in the back of the A reg'd car?
    Last edited by countrydude; 7th August 2013, 21:54.

Comment

Take it these are 1600s? The Austin rover maestro challenge cars were all 2.0efi's
      The maestro challenge was a multi discipline series is rallies , races ,auto tests and sprints and the cars were standard with the addition of parts supplied in kit purchased from Austin Rover

Comment

Thanks Phil. The white car is full of spares. They came with an un-believeable amount of spares. A freshly re-built engine, spare blocks, gearboxes, heads, struts, hubs the list goes on and on. The white one had several gearboxes, blocks etc in the back hence the rather low back end!

Yes both are R series MG's. I was just told they were challenge cars that's all I have to go on. Both have leda struts, the same tyres, same exhausts. The white car has the inlet manifold currently removed which reveals the ports which are far from standard.

Comment

Are they leda coilovers or non adjustable? Depending on what your plans are I'm interested in a roll cage.

Comment

I believe the ones on the cars are the fixed ones, just adjustable damping. In all the stuff is a new set of leda coilovers but, I'm going to hang onto them for my red MG as that currently has fixed ones.

I'm not sure what the plan is yet. I was going to break the red one but, I think it would be a shame, it just needs a new roof.

Comment

The suspension in the challenge kit I believe was woodhead dampers and the exhausts were standard

Comment

Emptied all the stuff out of the white car today and got it running and driving. I think the engine is over bored +60 and the head is very well worked. Here's a few pics for your viewing pleasure -

If anyone is interested this car is for sale now.

Comment

mg 1600

hi,what spares are you parting with? do you have an original grey steering wheel for instance?
                  Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Hi Josh

Pm sent.

Cheers Craig

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
                      hi,what spares are you parting with? do you have an original grey steering wheel for instance?
                      I am hanging onto some stuff. It's all R series, mostly mechanical and a few trim bits. If you need anything just ask & I will have a rummage. I do have a std grey steering wheel but, I believe it's not an original R series one, you can see it in the pic of the inside of the white car above.

Originally posted by rustyracer View Post
                      Hi Josh

Pm sent.

Cheers Craig
                      Hi Craig, will reply now.

Comment

That wheel is an efi one

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                          That wheel is an efi one
                          I thought so.

Comment

These maestros are very cool would make a nice track day car. Where did you find them?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholasmitchell View Post
                              These maestros are very cool would make a nice track day car. Where did you find them?
                              They were actually advertised on here. All I really needed was the new exhaust that was amongst all the spares they came with! But I just can't resist a bargain, especially when they're maestro shaped!

Comment

Working...
                              X