It's time for me to go ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for me to go ....

It's true, i am leaving the end of the month for a sunnier climate, more money and cheaper living

To all those people who have helped me out in the past (there are many) THANK YOU!

Gareth

Re: It's time for me to go ....

I do not think I am alone in saying I hope you have a change of heart Gareth.
    Whatever you chose to do & wherever you go... keep the faith dude (& send us a stick of rock )
    All the best mate
    Nige
    Originally posted by MGTurbo
    It's true, i am leaving the end of the month for a sunnier climate, more money and cheaper living

To all those people who have helped me out in the past (there are many) THANK YOU!

Gareth

Comment

Nige, it's probably fair to say that you know me better than quite a few people on this forum, after all, you know about that bloody Judy women!

So you know that its been an ambition of mine to go to the U.S and set up a business, and this is exactly what is happening now, all before i had a chance to get my engine rebuilt and some bits done for MGM 2004

But being the awkward bugger i am, i will be shipping my car over by whatever means possible because there is no way i'm parting with it, after all i have been through with it!

Gareth

Comment

hi ,dont they have computers over there then ?:laugh: i bet we have not seen the last of u yet.
        it will just take you a bit longer to get to the shows
        Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Originally posted by tony
          hi ,dont they have computers over there then ?:laugh: i bet we have not seen the last of u yet.
          it will just take you a bit longer to get to the shows
          Your not wrong, i'll still be here, just not 'here'!

Gareth

Comment

pleased to hear your still going to chip in your thoughts, Ive said before that I find your posts some of the most helpful.

I wish you all the best and hope that your plans go smoothly.

Good luck mate

Andy
            CURRENT FLEET:
            1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
            1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
            1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
            2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
            1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

D'oh, Gareth - who's going to meet me on the A14 on the way to Nene park now?!

All the best mate and it's good to know that the US is finaly going to see what a decent car looks like. Come to think of it, if you've picked the right part of the US, you may have found the final solution to the Maestro rust problem.

Take it easy and I'm looking forward to seeing some nice pics of you and your mota among the Tommy Tanks.

If only you'd said - I could have picked you up a LHD dash from Ledders last thursday
              You can contact me by clicking here.
              Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Good luck with the move - try and catch me on AIM/PM me as I have some info about exporting your car to the US (you probably already know this but just incase )
                1989 MG Maestro Turbo #413

1986 MG Maestro EFi - Dead but still here
                1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 L - Dead and in heaven

2001 Rover 75 CDT (Daily Runner)

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_C
                  Good luck with the move - try and catch me on AIM/PM me as I have some info about exporting your car to the US (you probably already know this but just incase )
                  Ok mate, i will have to re-install AIM because our old PC died a slow death. PM me your screen name again!

Gareth

Comment

All the best chap. Make sure you say hello to all the stateside vanners for me!

Comment

Good luck!

Alexander
                      http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

All the best Gareth, show the Americans how to do it.
                        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Good luck, Gareth, hope it works out well for you. Keep us posted on USA Turbo ownership!
                          Phil

Comment

Following on from information kindly sent to me from Mat, its looking far less likely it will be the first Maestro Turbo in the U.S, but i will continue to search for loopholes in the system

Comment

Well I hope you do manage to take your pride and joy with you. I hope you won't forget us orrible lot over here though as I certainly could do with your advice in the near future, as I regard you as THE man in the know on turbo matters

Good luck mate

Dan
                              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
                              X