Scammer wants to buy my car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammer wants to buy my car!

I have too many cars and am selling a Rover 827 Coupe. I have it listed on some free websites. Inevitably someone wants to send me a cheque for too much money and ship it to Australia. It's the same old scam, they send you a cheque for too much, so you can keep the amount you want for the car and send an amount from your own account to their "shippers" who will transport the car overseas. Your money is theirs through Western Union and their cheque is bouncing round the room. This time I thought I'd string them along a bit - take a look at the emails:

Thanks for your response, I am still interested in
    buying your CAR and the
    price is okay by me...Concerning payment i called my
    bank-manager to discuss the terms of paying you
    through this CERTIFIED LETTER OF CREDIT, i was made
    to understand that it will take a long process in
    making this type of payment arrangement.
    However i am based in Australia, i will
    advise you on this mode of payment whereby i will
    have to instruct a client of mine who is to make an
    outstanding funds paid to me through a CHECK made
    payable unto you. My client owes me a total sum of
    £3,500 of which your £1400 will be deducted
    from and wire me the outstanding funds to my shipper
    through (western union) as deposit for the
    pick up. If this is okay by you do send your full
    NAME mailing ADDRESS and TELEPHONE NO i can reach
    you. Your attention to this matter will
    be highly appreciated. Thanks...
    Many thanks,
    Michale.

Hi
    That sounds great. The address is: 221, XXXXX, Edinburgh, Midlothian EHXXXX and my number is 0131 XXXXXXX. i think you need the code in front of the number, it's 0044 I believe. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Ernest Throsslethwaite

Hello Phil,
    I am glad to have the information from you and i will like you to get back to me with your full name that will be written on the check so that the check can be able to get to your location ontime.
    I do await your reply..ok.
    Michale.

Hi Michale
    It's Ernest Philip Throsslethwaite.
    Best Regards
    Ernest-Phil

Hi Ernest Philip Throsslethwaite,
    I am glad to have the name that will be written on the cheque, so the cheque will get to your location hopefully by next week and get back to me as soon as the cheque arrive so that i can be able to provide you with my shipper details where the excess fund on the cheque will be send through western union for the pick up of the car at your location.
    Thanks for your cooperatio and have a nice time.
    My regards.....Michale.

We'll have to see if he keeps trying. The cheque will arrive at a Chinese takeaway in Scotland.

LMFAO!!

my mate had someone just like that when we tried to sell his mondeo on ebay, except it was a tad more annoying when he hit "Buy it now" on our auction, thus wasting our time and forcing us to try and get the fee's credited as quick as possible and then having to relist!

Comment

Working...
    X