Maestro safety
I disagree. Whilst the Maestro would not match up against the latest cars like that Renault Megane on Top Gear, it is much, much safer than the Metro.
More room under the bonnet allows impact to be absored and not as much is transfered into the cabin. Although it is a promotional picture, the yellow Maestro from the 1983 brochure is being crashed at speed and the passenger compartment is intact.
Originally posted by RDGelder
I would have thought the Metro, Maestro & Montego would all perform in a similar way in a crash. They were designed at roughly the same time.
I would have thought the Metro, Maestro & Montego would all perform in a similar way in a crash. They were designed at roughly the same time.
More room under the bonnet allows impact to be absored and not as much is transfered into the cabin. Although it is a promotional picture, the yellow Maestro from the 1983 brochure is being crashed at speed and the passenger compartment is intact.

Comment