Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blanket Motorway and Trunk Road Tolls and Motorway Privatisation - Government Plans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanket Motorway and Trunk Road Tolls and Motorway Privatisation - Government Plans.

In the latest Car Mechanics out on the 15th November.

Government is planning a '2-tier' road tax system using ANPR cameras on Motorways and Trunk Roads because the 'eco' con trick of taxing CO2 emissions has caused a collapse in revenue instead of the planned increase.

The Government says these are 'proposals under consideration'. Meanwhile not only are local DVLA local offices to all be closed, the Road Tax Enforcement yards where untaxed vehicles have until now been impounded, are also scheduled to be closed. Have you noticed the threatening road tax adverts have been discontinued?

Car Mechanics is also predicting a large increase in fuel duty at the same time.

Originally posted by PhilBill View Post
    In the latest Car Mechanics out on the 15th November.

Government is planning a '2-tier' road tax system using ANPR cameras on Motorways and Trunk Roads because the 'eco' con trick of taxing CO2 emissions has caused a collapse in revenue instead of the planned increase.

The Government says these are 'proposals under consideration'. Meanwhile not only are local DVLA local offices to all be closed, the Road Tax Enforcement yards where untaxed vehicles have until now been impounded, are also scheduled to be closed. Have you noticed the threatening road tax adverts have been discontinued?

Car Mechanics is also predicting a large increase in fuel duty at the same time.
    Its a flawed argument - I use the motorways a hell of a lot but in doing so I pay a shed load of tax on the fuel I use. You have your pound of flesh!! Is the tax break really making people buy green cars or would they anyway? It may deter us from driving gas guzzlers I agree.
    1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
    1989 BMW 316i
    2013 BMW 320d Touring
    2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Working...
    X