End of the road...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the road...

So the time has come,and after 10 (possible more) years,im now taking a big break,possibly now ,dare i say it,leaving the montego scene for good....

The turbo finally sold on saturday,for a good sum of money ,in my book,for a car now wanting some new tlc giving to it by its new owner,mike gardiner in scotland.

After many talks over the course of a few weeks,he decided he wanted a turbo in his life,and after a agreed price ,he flew down from glasgow,and drove the old girl back...

After a cup of tea,and using the toilet,we loaded the car up,with all its original bits/interior,just about managing to get it all in,and i shown him the way to the motorway home (as he hadnt bought a sat nav or map with him!! brave man!!)

I will be popping in now from time to time,as i have a vast amount of spares to sell on,but only for a check on some of your projects!!!

I know some of you will be glad to see the back of me,and others maybe not,but should anyone want any spares,then please pm me anytime..

Ive enjoyed the car,and would not change a thing for the world,but times change,and now i dont want "projects" of this ,at this time in my life...but things change of course......

Here she is,perhaps the last time ill every see it in the flesh (unless im in scotland),joining the motorway............

Sorry to see you go. I have a MAESTRO , project and 2 or 3 marinas and ital projects. Been told i need to sell before i can buy another!. Would love a Monti and i know of 3 id love sorry 4, 3 in scotland one in england!. Ahh well just have to negoatiate with her in doors or sell something or win the lottery!. Hope your break isnt for too long mike
    Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
    Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
    Morris ital 1.7slx 83
    Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

Originally posted by vickygriff View Post
      So the time has come,and after 10 (possible more) years,im now taking a big break,possibly now ,dare i say it,leaving the montego scene for good....

The turbo finally sold on saturday,for a good sum of money ,in my book,for a car now wanting some new tlc giving to it by its new owner,mike gardiner in scotland.

After many talks over the course of a few weeks,he decided he wanted a turbo in his life,and after a agreed price ,he flew down from glasgow,and drove the old girl back...

After a cup of tea,and using the toilet,we loaded the car up,with all its original bits/interior,just about managing to get it all in,and i shown him the way to the motorway home (as he hadnt bought a sat nav or map with him!! brave man!!)

I will be popping in now from time to time,as i have a vast amount of spares to sell on,but only for a check on some of your projects!!!

I know some of you will be glad to see the back of me,and others maybe not,but should anyone want any spares,then please pm me anytime..

Ive enjoyed the car,and would not change a thing for the world,but times change,and now i dont want "projects" of this ,at this time in my life...but things change of course......

Here she is,perhaps the last time ill every see it in the flesh (unless im in scotland),joining the motorway............

I feel exactly the same about mine. I just cant be bothered to work on the car and cant see me getting any interest back. I could well start putting the bits on ebay but will try and get the whole lot gone in one go.

Simon.

Comment

Working...
      X