Photobucket Issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket Issues.

I've had a photobucket account for a few years now but recently whenever a link to pictures its put on any forum & I click on it all I get is buffering.
    Also when I go into my own account I can't view anything?
    Any ideas please?

mine been same, i sell few cars on ebay normally i do a link from photobucket to ebay so i can put large pictures on sellers page gave up with it in end nightmare
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

Any idea what is causing it? It's been fine for years but now just gone nuts.

Comment

you have a set amount of bandwidth or a data allowance on there. If you put your pics up on forums, ebay, etc and a lot of people view the pics, download them etc then you can easily exceed your allowance. Especially easy now with bigger file sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
          you have a set amount of bandwidth or a data allowance on there. If you put your pics up on forums, ebay, etc and a lot of people view the pics, download them etc then you can easily exceed your allowance. Especially easy now with bigger file sizes.
          Blimey all this technical stuff is confusing. What is the best way to overcome it?
          Will that also cause the buffering when I am trying to view other peoples pictures via forums etc?

Comment

Ok, I've taken a snapshot of the page that appears after logging in:

Notice on the right hand side there is a box Titled 'Upload sources'?

Then at the bottom of the box storage is 7% full 'get more' click there and this page appears:

Choose your data package and pay up your coin.

Or choose another free service with someone else and switch between the 2?

Comment

As you can see in the pic, as a free user you get 2 gb of storage. But then your bandwidth (amount of data you can access) is limited to 10gb.

Any of the paid packages gives you unlimited bandwidth.

Comment

Just checked & I'm only using 4% of my storage.
                What is the bandwitdth?

Comment

bandwidth is what you use by people looking at your files. Hence you have run out. So each time someone views your picture they access photobuckets server. If your file is 4mb then 4mb is used, and so on.

Comment

Sorry I seem daft lol, I'm not very technical when it comes to this.
                    So if I have put links to my photobucket albums on forums the more folk that look the bigger the bandwidth is? I thaught that if your link was on a forum it was just viewed & that is it lol/

Other than buying extra space which I don't want to do how do I rectify the issue?

Will this be the cause of me not being able to view my own files?

Comment

yes, just re read my last post

It is similar to having internet access that is capped every month to 10gb. Once you go over that limit you are blocked. Just in this case you are blocked from the photobucket servers only. Y'know?

Comment

Just to clarify you could email someone at photobucket themselves to make sure I'm right. I've had these issues before but only when I was posting up my maestro project on multiple forums.

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
                          Just to clarify you could email someone at photobucket themselves to make sure I'm right. I've had these issues before but only when I was posting up my maestro project on multiple forums.
                          Many thanks, I thaught about sending them an email but there doesn't seem to be a contact us section.

Comment

Working...
                          X