X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Nelson Mandela

Passed Away today Aged 95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j94fteQR-TY

It's a bit of a different reaction to the death of Thatcher - and she called him a 'terrorist' when she was PM.

I think it is getting to be a bit overkilled now on the media, especially when we had the worst storm surge flooding in 60 years on the east coast. We've had three days of the same clips from a 1994 Mandela visit on WM BBC TV local news...

Great man and everything, but you can tell the media has been planning this for a long time. I suppose the more than 50% of kids who thought Churchill was the dog in the insurance adverts need to be taught some history

Comment

Apparently in response to complaints about the massive overkill BBC coverage of Mandela's death, the Head of BBC News described Mandela as 'The most important statesman of the last hundred years'.

Hmmm, more important than Churchill, Roosevelt, Gorbachev, Krushchev and Kennedy? Not counting the undoubtedly deeply evil 'important' ones too, for the drastic and deadly impact so many peoples lives.

Don't get me wrong, stopping South Africa from becoming like Syria or worse is a hell of an achievement, 27 years in jail for standing up for human rights is too. But stopping the Nazis, Stalin and WW3 is not as important? Or more important? Really!?

It gives an insight into how left wing and PC biased the BBC is nowadays.

Comment

Working...
      X