Rover 216 Vitesse on eBay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover 216 Vitesse on eBay!

Early (high bootlid) model in Moonraker Blue with around 32,000 on the clock.

Doncaster.

I know there's a bit of a following for the SD3 on here, so I thought I would give it a mention

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-ROVER...d#ht_276wt_959
    1983 (Y) MG 1600
    1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
    1987 700 City 1.6 Van
    1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
    1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
    1990 Clubman D
    1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

I think this one came up for sale in an auction last year as I recall its reference to having originally being used/owned by a senior manager within Austin Rover Group.

A very rare car these days and I do miss seeing examples of the 216 Vitesse EFi on our roads and at organised events.

Comment

Originally sold at Anglian Auctions for around 900.00. Oct/Nov 13

Nice mark up if he can sell it at that!.

Comment

Seller's a friend of mine - I don't think it actually sold at ACA, as I'm sure he's had it longer than that! Seen it, done a few miles as a passenger in it.

I'd happily buy a car from him. In fact, I did - he's the chap I bought the 9000 from.
        Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
        E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
        H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
        J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
        L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
        OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
        PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

It was linked to on the AR Online FB page, where it was confirmed to have originally sold for that amount late last year.

Comment

Lovely car & could be interested but that mark up puts one off! if it is so that is!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
              Seller's a friend of mine - I don't think it actually sold at ACA, as I'm sure he's had it longer than that! Seen it, done a few miles as a passenger in it.

I'd happily buy a car from him. In fact, I did - he's the chap I bought the 9000 from.
              Interesting to hear that you know the car Sam - I had seen it on the auction list but didn't know if it sold or not. I am pretty sure that the car was up here in Scotland a couple of years back and I nearly bought before I got the Monte but was too slow!! It does look very nice - if only there was a spare couple of grand in the coffers!
              1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
              1989 BMW 316i
              2013 BMW 320d Touring
              2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
              Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

If it was the facelift shape id have been interested, they just looked abit smarter to me and more plush inside, I had an 87 Vanden plas in rare silk green in 1992, great car!

Comment

Working...
                X