James mays cars of the people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James mays cars of the people

Just watched this was fairly good until the end, why destroy a lada for no reason??
    The programme was pretty good and quite well researched.
    It was aimed at people who were interested in history rather than some chavey a***hole who bangs on about top gear relentlessly.
    I always thought James May was better than the other t**TS on top gear but he has seemingly sunk to their level

Suspect the idea was thrust upon him, rather than of his own volition. Noticed that the opening and ending credits are very TG? Bet the same team are behind it...
    Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
    E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
    H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
    J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
    L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
    OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
    PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was good and learnt quite a bit that I didnt know.

I dont know why they have to wreck perfectly good classic cars all the time. Who actually enjoys seeing that? 5 year olds probably think its cool but are there actually adults out there who are really that simple and easily pleased?
      Last edited by g200mss #146; 10th August 2014, 21:45.

Comment

I noticed the top gear esq credits too
        The programme probably wouldn't have held the attention of the normal top gear fan long enough to see the destruction at the end!
        A stupid stunt like that wouldn't have been cheap and let's not forget this is a BBC programme and they are always satin their budget is stretched, if they didn't do things like this there would be more money left in the pot for some decent mature documentaries

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
          Just watched this was fairly good until the end, why destroy a lada for no reason??
          The programme was pretty good and quite well researched.
          It was aimed at people who were interested in history rather than some chavey a***hole who bangs on about top gear relentlessly.
          I always thought James May was better than the other t**TS on top gear but he has seemingly sunk to their level
          I agree with you about James May he is better than the other t**ts although I dont watch top gear unless there are some classic cars on , anyway I do have to say what he said about the Lada is all true , I had the misfortune to have to work on these cars for 2 years at a Lada dealership when I was younger and believe me when I say they were bl**dy awful in every way , so when James May destroyed it I shed no tears.

Comment

I hear what you say,but quite a large number of Austin rover mechanics would probably say they're same about our cars. There was no need to destroy it

Comment

Total agree, why destroy a perfectly good car, one that would indeed be a classic. To put it in James May's own words "C0cks".

Ian
              Ian Drew
              MG Maestro Turbo '400'
              MG ZT V8
              Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

I'm of the thinking that he is part idiot? How could I be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                  I hear what you say,but quite a large number of Austin rover mechanics would probably say they're same about our cars. There was no need to destroy it
                  Good point about the Austin Rover mechanics , although having said that Ive met a few since Ive had my Maestro and they have all had nothing but praise for it but Im sure there are some that may call them.

Comment

Well having just watched part two.......... What a load of old crap!!! Two more classics destroyed
                    Does the BBC think all car enthusiasts are either 14or adults with IQs of that number?

Comment

The first episode was so promising...but episode two had even more Top Gear generic gags and stunts. A shame - James May is above this sort of stuff.

Comment

James May out - classic cars in.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
                          The first episode was so promising...but episode two had even more Top Gear generic gags and stunts. A shame - James May is above this sort of stuff.
                          i agree, episode 1 started so well then went quickly down hill with the pointless destuction of the Lada, then episode 2 lived up to all our fears and carried on in the same style.. Why ??
                          anyway, i shall vote with my remote and not bother next week just as i haven't bothered with Top Gear for years....
                          the anoying thing is they got so close to a good program

Comment

ive only just watched the first programe and i thought it was very good.
                            yes it was a shame they distroyed the lada

Comment

Working...
                            X