Insurance companys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance companys

As iam dealing with the ins company atm i wanted to ask then how much it would cost to add another car onto my policy but apparently they only do one car one policy .So who dose muiltcar policys ?As i understand it for a seperate policy i would have to start afresh with no ncb which would make insureing an other car expensive if i get a £600 runaround while my is restored later in the year .
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Multicar policies only use your NCB on one policy. My Admiral Multicar is earning seperate NCBs.
    Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
    E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
    H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
    J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
    L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
    OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
    PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

I have been trying to contact Admiral all after noon.I might transfer monty over but its awkward atm with the accident pending
      Are there any others
      Sure & steadfast.
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

As stated above, multicar policiess don't let you have your NCB on each of the cars. They're mainly just an advertising gimmick and will quite possibly not offer you any discount over separate policies.
        Probably best to insure your runaround as third party only with a high voluntary excess and low annual mileage which should get you a cheap deal.
        Budget insurance used to only insure cars monthly, that could be an option?

Ian
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Goog idear Ian admiral are phoneing me today i can ask but what car to go for
          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Use a classic policy as no NCB are needed and they are cheap as chips. Only requirement is that you are over 25 and have a 'normal' insurance policy on another car. I have my maestro turbo and my 2000 W reg Toyota MR2 on classic polices and my octavia VRs on a normal policy which incurs my NCB.
            MG Maestro Turbo #500
            BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
            Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              Use a classic policy as no NCB are needed and they are cheap as chips. Only requirement is that you are over 25 and have a 'normal' insurance policy on another car.
              No. At 20 I had my Montego on a classic policy as my only car. Ditto 21 and 6 months of being 22. I then stuck that and my SAAB on a Multicar and have just stuck the Stag on another classic policy at 23.

If you know where to look, under 25 classic policies or non-restrictive classic policies are out there.
              Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
              E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
              H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
              J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
              L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
              OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
              PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Can I ask how much you were paying at that age? I have read you can get then at 17 if you want but there was no financial bonus as polices were still in the thousands. By what I meant in over 25 and have a 'normal' insurance policy was this is regarded as a standard for a classic policy in which you can insure almost anything for less than £200 and if you entered the same details on go compare for instance you would find the same car a lot more to insure especially if you were starting from 0 NCB. People with 2nd 3rd cars would be surprised what can class as a 'classic'.
                MG Maestro Turbo #500
                BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X